University of Washington Class of 2027 Official Thread

What made you fall in love with UMass - amherst? My daughter was admitted with a good scholarship, but we don’t know enough yet about it….

1 Like

how do we know its today/tomorrow and not next week?

1 Like

I’ll DM you!

We don’t know with certainty, but the theory is this week because last year it was posted in the first week of last year’s announced window.

1 Like

Any chances of today ?

Best guess is tonight or tomorrow night between 8-9pm.

(plenty of discussion about it above if you’re curious, but that’s the short of it)

6 Likes

Exact time causes a lot more anxiety for me! I like discovering the emails suddenly, no anxiety builds up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Im assuming after 8pm Seattle time? Few more hours (or another 26 to wait!).

Exact opposite for me. I have other decisions where I know the time, so I don’t have to constantly think about it. I will deal with it when the time comes. But with the UW I have no clue when it might pop up, so I have constant anxiety about it.

4 Likes

Yes, discussions have been in local Seattle/west coast time. Looked like portals were updated around 8:20pm last year w/ emails going out ~30 min later by 9pm or so.

Maybe the more you refresh, the better your chances?

Tonight. 8:00ish PST. Fear large wait list is a cruel mirage. Good luck to all!

7 Likes

do we usually get most of the decisions the first night or is it a small portion each day throughout the week? The email I received said decisions come out 3/9-3/15 so just wanted to be sure. Good luck everyone!

1 Like

You speak with authority! Is this certain?

Come out come out where you are :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Decisions will probably come out tomorrow, they released on a Friday last year.

3 Likes

Looks like UW is removing the appeal process for CS this year. Does this signal that in-state CS could be more competitive than in previous years?

Of course it is more competitive each year as more people apply, but they are removing the appeal system to admit more students this year. Not randomly rejecting qualified students this year is the hope (they did that quite a bit last year and admitted them through appeals).

1 Like

any update for anyone? looks like it is tomorrow

4 Likes

got waitlisted

Releassed? What??