University of Washington Class of 2027 Official Thread

I think this is a true statement in general, but certainly varies major to major, so cannot be applied to the UW overall.

1 Like

Nope it applies even to UW in general. That is why 4.0 students (even in state) get outright rejected from the UW.

I think universities know to look at the rigor of the schedules at individual high schools. Not all schools have AP tests or maybe offer only a few.

2 Likes

Yeah they do, but they will reject students applying to high demand majors if they come from a high school that offers many APs and wasn’t taken advantage of. As for the UW in general, something about the application must have been off putting or suggested to them that you are not interested in the UW specifically. Usually it is the essay.

Have any OOS admitted students received letters in the mail yet?

My daughter has not received anything.

1 Like

Not in Hawaii

Sorry but I will have to disagree with you
we know of a few UW accepts with 2 APs or less which is not a lot of rigor these days. Again, I believe this is major dependent, and other factors come into play, like essays.

Well those students would’ve had a good essay to compensate for it

I didn’t even get them in-state yet

My student was admitted pre-social sciences. It looks like after she meets minimum requirements for one of the social science majors she can declare a major. My question is
if along the way she becomes interested in pursuing another track can she completely switch focus/schools, as long as the major is open/not capacity constrained (say, to Spanish or Marine Bio–just examples). Thank you. This process is very different to us.

1 Like

Yes. Even if it is capacity constrained, she has the choice to apply (but there isn’t a guarantee for these). If the major is open, she can definitely go for it.

1 Like

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing the AP courses your child has taken?

1 Like

He has taken nearly every AP class in both STEM and liberal arts.
World History/CS A/Human Geo/US History/Eng Lang/Biology/Physics C Mechanics Chemistry/Physics C EM/Eng Lit/US Govern/Micro/Macroeconomics/Calculus BC Spanish/Statistics/Psychology/Art history

That is crazy impressive especially getting all 5s. Great job

1 Like

Does UW send acceptance packages???

3 Likes

I’m sorry if this has been asked and answered, but my son was waitlisted. Does he have to do anything to stay on the waitlist? (Such as affirmatively opt in or something?) We know it’s a long shot, not to mention financially, so he’s planning on going somewhere else, but he’d still like to know, as he would probably switch to UW if admitted, even if it’s in June.

Yes, they’re supposed to be arriving in the mail soon!

1 Like

Hi, I also recieved that CS waitlist email along with some of my friends after being accepted into pre sciences. Hopefully we will get in!

My daughter has not received anything in the snail mail???

3 Likes