University of Washington Class of 2027 Official Thread

I guess a huge % of the OOS and International Applicants are in STEM related program. The capacity constrained majors are where you’ll see low acceptance rates.
Majors | Office of Admissions (washington.edu)

Yes, I must have just seen OOS and assumed it included foreign.

Yes, that’s good info too! Total university enrollment by residency differs somewhat from Freshman only enrollment, which may cause some of the confusion. So many numbers out there!

2022 freshman class was 7,410
60% in-state
26% OOS
14% int’l

3 Likes

UW does a big report on freshmen enrollment, but I warn you it’s a mind-numbing list of numbers and percentages.

2 Likes

When is the decision date for UW Seattle? Is it in waves, since it’s listed as March 1st-15th?

Yes, it’s in batches.

any specific way they do it? by major/college, in-state/OOS, etc?

2 Likes

I wish I knew. :slightly_smiling_face: I hope someone else here does.

1 Like

alas, not another school doing it in waves :')

well, thanks for letting me know!

I posted some details behind a best-guess above. Last year the email went out Fri 3/4 after 8pm local time. My D22 said everyone she knew got it at the same time. Best-guess is Fri 3/3 or Fri 3/10 based on recent prior years. No guarantees of course, but seems pretty likely. 2021 was Fri 3/12 I believe.

1 Like

Great refresher thanks! Things are all starting to blend together for me!

1 Like

Best I can tell, these are the prior year dates. All after 8pm local time I believe. My S23 and many of his friends are really hoping for this Friday (3/3), but they understand it may be next Friday (3/10). Or who knows, maybe they change it all up and surprise us…

2020: Fri 3/6
2021: Fri 3/12
2022: Fri 3/4
2023: ??

5 Likes

Yup - daughter and her friends are all hoping for this Friday and will check portals together. This is the first and only school our daughter has a shared application with any of her friends and classmates (that we know of) and so it will be a new experience.

1 Like

It looks like that the announce day is always Friday. I guess that it will be Fri. 3/3 for 2023

1 Like

Gosh I hope so. We need to hear so we can move on one way or another. If D23 gets in then I am 99% sure she will commit on the spot. I won’t be able to control how much I spend on instantly ordering all the swag in the world.

2 Likes

I so hear you! We have 11 decisions coming in March. :woman_facepalming:

My D22 is attending UDub right now and it was nice to know the “d” day was earlier than most colleges. Good luck!

2 Likes

Does UW look at the second choice major in the application? From the info available on the website, they do mention they look at both the first choice and second choice majors. Does anyone know about this?

Thank you

Seattle U has a very well regarded CS program - not top tier but still excellent. Smaller school than UW obviously so all the pros/cons that go with that.

1 Like

I got 15 decisions in March :')

2 Likes