University of Washington Seattle - Fall 2022 Admission

Have anyone received their application portal creation email after submitting your application?

3 Likes

My child applied on October 3, I think, and received an email to set up a portal on October 5.

Did you apply by UW’s November 16 deadline? If so, did you check your spam folders?

1 Like

Hi
When are decisions coming out for UW?

Maria

From an email that was sent by UW to applicants/families in late December:

“All freshman autumn applicants will be notified of their admission decision March 1-15, 2022. Decisions are released in batches and will be available to students on their MyUW during the notification window.

• Admitted students will also receive a welcome packet in the mail containing an official offer letter with assigned major, possible Purple & Gold scholarship offer (U.S. non-residents only) and other information about the next steps to becoming a Husky.
  • Students invited to the waitlist will see their invitation on MyUW and will need to opt-in to the waitlist by April 1, 2022.
  • Denied students will see their decision on MyUW.”
4 Likes

D just got this email yesterday. As an OOS we don’t even have a hope to be into CS, but curious to see how it turns out. We may never know.

Your D’s email is not same as the one above. Check the contents. Similar but not same.

That’s the email she got. Not sure what you are trying to say.

Did your D email title called “ IT’S BEEN A LONG WAIT,
HASN’T IT?” My S did.

Oh Yes, it’s drafted a little different from the one above. But said the same message. I guess they mass emailed all OOS applicants recently. I may be wrong as well. @CMA22 are you in-state for UW or OOS?

I am OOS

We got the “It’s been a long wait, hasn’t it?” email yesterday (we are OOS). I don’t think we got the one described above by @CMA22 as having been sent in December. The one from yesterday doesn’t mention the Purple & Gold scholarship or waitlisting/denials but otherwise generally lines up for content.

We are in-state. We also received the “long wait” email — went to both student and parents.

Unlike the December email, this one specified that most decisions would come out the second week of March. More waiting!

Same here, got the email yesterday but not the one in December. The email did say that financial aid awards would show up at the end of March or early April, so a longer wait for that than the acceptance/rejection notification. I’m glad D isn’t the one on pins and needles about decisions, that is on me. :sweat_smile:

can everyone access the library account from the accounts section on the UW portal?

Have access. Probably had it since admission to other UW campus. Even otherwise, wouldn’t read too much into it. Past years CC posts all have their fair share of finding “early indicators” on myUW portal and none turned out to be reliable.

1 Like

After reading last year’s fall admission thread, it sounds like Friday March 11, 2022 at 20:30 PST will be the notification date and time. Anyone have any better info?

2 Likes

Yes - we can.

I believe my kid rec’d info that they would start releasing from March 1 thru March 15.

2 Likes

Our kids received an email a couple weeks ago that decisions will go out starting 3/1 through 3/15 but that most decisions will be posted during the second week of March.

4 Likes

So, I’m assuming that based on previous threads today is really not a probable date that any decisions actually come out. An email naming today as a potential start date of decisions is rather odd…