University of Washington, Seattle Waitlist 2025

Oh ! Where does it say that ? My portal is the same as when I first received my decision.

Just found it! Go to the same place where you filled out the form, and it should tell you that they already received it. (Portal ā†’ Status -->The website thatā€™s linked there ā†’ the form)

Found it ! Thank you :blush:

I went to UW website to click the the online form and after signing into my portal instead of allowing me to fill out the form it says the AO received it

1 Like

You donā€™t lose anything by submitting an appeal but I have heard that itā€™s difficult for appeals to get approved this information can also be found on their freshmen waitlist website

I was reading that information and last yearā€™s waitlist and donā€™t know if appealing is worth it since I noticed a lot of people didnā€™t get in off of submitting an appeal.

Apparently only 1 in 20 get accepted through appeal (5%), so yeah it may not be worth it; at the same time though, thereā€™s no harm in doing so (other than your time)

I would say only appeal if you actually have a reason other than ā€œthis was my dream schoolā€. Appealing is meant for making the admissions committee see why your application wasnā€™t strong enough in the first place.

Iā€™m confused, so with the UW you may not have a final decision if your on waitlist until after May 1st so if I commit to some other university but then get admitted off the uw waitlist am I able to then cancel my committed to the other university and instead commit to uw? Iā€™m very confused on how this works. I hope this makes sense

Yes you will (most likely) have to confirm to another school. If you get accepted off the waitlist you are able to unenroll and instead commit to UW. Youā€™ll just lose a bit of money in the process (not much thošŸ˜‚)

Just got a waitlist confirmation email:

"Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Washington. We received your waitlist response form and have placed you on the freshman waitlist for autumn quarter 2021.

You will be notified about a final admission decision between May 15 and August 1. Waitlist notifications may occur all at once or in stages as our enrollment situation becomes clear. In any case, the waitlist will not extend beyond August 1. Please note that Admissions staff cannot make predictions about your chances of admission off the waitlist. We greatly appreciate your patience.

Because most colleges and universities have a May 1 confirmation deadline, we strongly advise you to confirm your intention to enroll at another institution to ensure that you have an enrollment option this fall."

Me too ! Let the waiting begin !

I just got one and I submitted mine last night

Will they notify you if you are not accepted from the waitlist?

My D get rejected for OOS CS but accepted into pre-science major with $3000 P&G scholarship. I thought this is worse than CS waitlisted . You saying this is not the case? So waislisted will not convert to direct admit?

This information is from 2024 waitlist thread. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s true. Congrats to your Dā€™s acceptance!

I read somewhere on the website that if you are waitlisted, you will not ultimately be accepted into a capacity constrained major.

I believe this is the case. No capacity-constrained admissions from wait list.

1 Like

Do you know if itā€™s still possible to get in as undeclared? I applied for a capacity constrained major but I said I was ok with getting general admission on my application.

Off the waitlist? I think undeclared is the only thing you can get off the waitlist.