University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2023

For those of you who will have more than one college choice- be sure to look at each school’s requirements and available courses related to your proposed major. That may be a deciding factor. I am proud of UW and its excellence. It may be a large school but has caring professors- make use of office hours.

And, of course, CC posts may have errors. When in doubt the school has the correct answers.

OOS deferred

Deferred

Accepted! Mn resident L&S. ACT 34. Auditioning for school of music in February.

Deferred
Applied LS
White female oos
Gpa uw/w: 3.9/4.5
7 AP classes
33 ACT
ECs: Student leadership in two clubs, service hours, trilingual, held two competitive internships, band, tutoring
Strong essay
And I visited the campus

Does anybody know the acceptance rate for deferred students?

@wis75 - Excellent post.

Had written in my original post that i was deferred, national merit finalist and top sat/gpa/class ranking. I’m not so much concerned about the fact I got deferred, but what other schools may see me as… I’m doubting my chances at other schools and even though i’ve been accepted to my top school (university of pittsburgh school of pharmacy, recieved 40k in merit) My mid year grades are NOT there this year and i would definitely not submit another app as my gpa plummeted senior year (i submitted all my apps ea) however it’s worth noting that between my application and now i started a high level internship at the EPA in environmental law. Wonder if it’s worth mentioning but probably not

Hi! Congrats! We’re you accepted directly into Biomedical or just directly into the College of Engineering? It was my understanding that all students applied for specific engineering majors after the first year in COE. My daughter was accepted to Madison’s COE, but her specific type of engineering was not mentioned.

OOS Accepted!!!

Hi question my S accepted pre-business
Will he still be able to achieve a 5 year BBA accounting??

Exactly. Even though the minimum gpa requirement is 2.75 to APPLY to the Business School, this will not get you in as you will be competing against others who will have higher stats.

FOR DEFERRED KIDS
i tweeted the UW admission twitter about deferrals and this is what they replied, “The acceptance rate for deferred students varies every year depending on the pool. We highly encourage deferred students to submit their mid year grades when they become available and to submit any additional honors or awards they received since applying.”

How do i see what major i got in L&S

@collegegang - check your portal - the Fall 2019 application information likely didn’t change. L&S is the liberal arts college which is a lot more flexible than other programs of study with very specific progression requirements that need to be met Freshman year before you can be approved for those majors. If your “official” course of study is something like “general course” that’s ok and you should be able to pursue the major you intended. You probably don’t have to worry about declaring till your second year.

Denied
Latina female OOS
First-gen
UW/W GPA: 3.0/3.4
ACT: 29 (not submitted)
SAT: 1250
EC: 3 yrs in a dance club, secretary, 1yr of GSA
8 APs by graduation, passed all of them
Visited campus and have been visiting for 6 years now
Not too bummed to be completely honest, I didn’t expect to get in

Daughter deferred to engineering. OOS - Illinois. 32 ACT and 4.0W GPA. Visited campus and did formal tour in the summer. Good luck to all aspiring Badgers!

My daughter was also deferred engineering. Similar stats (ACT 32; 4.20W GPA) OOS - CA.

Accepted to the Chemical Engineering program with a 28 act and 3.95 UW GPA. I had many extra circulars, took PLTW classes, was a PSEO student at the UMN, and had unique essay topics (don’t know how good they were compared to others, but I thought they were strong). Hopefully someone can use this to compare themselves to if they were rejected or deferred and hopefully apply for an appeal. Sorry to anyone in this circumstance :frowning:

You must be in state, correct?