University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2023

Just got our letter end of last week. OOS. CA.

@TheJYWrinkle @calspeed I live in the South Bay and I’m still waiting on mine. I’ll give it a few more days then contact the admissions office if need be. Thanks guys!

I just got an email to sign an UW Foundation Release form. saying “In order to be eligible to receive certain funds from the University of Wisconsin Foundation as part of your financial aid package, you need to be willing to release your personal, academic, and/or FAFSA information to them and/or specific donors if requested.”

I am direct admit to the business school and OOS. (don’t qualify for FA)

Did anybody get the same email?

^ Yes. And S19 did apply for FA but so far nothing more than Stafford loans.

@Goose15 We did too and also direct admit to WSB.

My D also got the email. Is this something in addition to financial aid already awarded?

It appears so, but I don’t know if this is to access info for scholarship decisions or if those decisions were already made. I am always hesitant, yet the email seemed to imply that the extra funds were decided on. An unexpected scholarship would be awesome.

We are also OOS - any unexpected $$ would be a HUGE blessing!

My son received the same email, dated today. We are out of state and were only offered $5500 unsubsidized Stafford loan. Hesitant to be excited - but cautiously optimistic!

It sounded like a requirement that UW-Foundation has because it’s a potential benefactor to members of the accepted class. Not sure if this is merit or need-based. Son did start the merit scholarship application so I assumed it was related to that activity. Could be that the Foundation is starting the process of determining merit and/or need-based to OOS students.

We are curious about this too as DD got the email today as well. She did apply for FA and only received the $5500 loan. She has not applied for scholarships yet.

Maybe everyone got it and was a requirement to release information for the scholarship decisions. DD did apply for separate one, although I know WBS automatically considers.

According to their website, WBS merit scholarship decisions for EA will come out on Mar 1st.

Hi guys, I was accepted Pre-Business into the College of Letters & Sciences, along with this I was placed on the Waitlist of being directly admitted into the Wisconsin School of Business. Does anyone know the chances for being selected off this waitlist into the School of Business? Thank you!

Hey everyone. So I just wanted to ask again whether anyone knows anything about the “College of Engineering Direct Entry Wait list.” I was given my second choice major in EA, but I was waitlisted engineering. If anyone has any info about the size of the wait list or when I might hear, please share. Thank you!

@ab2001 I was also put on the engineering waitlist. I emailed and called a few different people but this is the first year they are waitlisting people (and they are only doing it for business and engineering). So they told me they have no prior admittance rates to share with me. And the waitlist will grow after RD. So it’s not looking too hopeful. Which is upsetting because I don’t believe I can go to Wisco without direct entry into Engineering. They told me that it would also be very difficult to switch in my second year because of how competitive it is and they advise that I go to a different institution if I don’t get off the waitlist and really want to do engineering. Best of Luck!

@brandonc3350 was the waitlist notification in your admission letter?
My son was admitted to pre-business but admittance to business would def move the school up the list. Does anyone know where regional or state AO contact info can be found? Is this who we should reach out to regarding this

@mom3boyz My son received a second email shortly after being accepted pre-business to the College of Letters and Science. The email indicated he was on the waist list for direct entry to the Wisconsin School of Business and decisions would be released prior to April 17. Hope this helps!

@mom3boyz In my acceptance letter it stated I was Pre-Business in College of L&S and a follow up email from the university informed me that I was on the wait list.

My son was deferred (applied to Chemical Engineering) on 12/22. Any idea when a decision might be rendered?