University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

Again, Can someone who was admitted last night please clarify. Does a change in status that says “change degree plan” or something along those line mean that you are a Direct-Admit or an L&S admit who will be on the pre-business track?

@calyn23 i am wondering the same thing. I didn’t receive aid and there is no change

@buckybuckygang i did some research because i was curious myself, and i think it means you are an L&S admit on the pre-business track

@all333 Thank you! They are two different things. The vague descriptions do not help with all the anxiety LOL

The printable aid offer says something like the following:

2020-2021 Financial Aid Offer

Student Name: Campus ID:
Date Printed: Expected Family Contribution:
Residency Assumption:

COST of Attendance:

Financial Aid Offer:

etc.

did anyone’s financial aid page change if they did not file for aid?

@2024class it shows my expected family contribution and no awards tab but i do not qualify for financial aid

Can someone clarify (without getting too personal) if you qualified for aid is the awards tab available?

@Wiscoplz I know two people who got accepted who did not file a FAFSA and whose financial aid page did not change.

@calyn23 for the longest time, it said i qualified for $0 in financial aid under the “Financial Aid Summary” tab, but then the awards tab popped up today and said i qualified for some type of loan… idk if this helps

I was going to mention as an aside as a parent of a freshman, my kid got some scholarships only because FAFSA was filled out even though there was never any chance of us getting need based aid. And it wasn’t immediately obvious that needed to be done. So it can be worth it to jump that hoop.

@MusakParent Thanks! Will probably do it. Wasn’t really clear to me either!

@LAWALI did their major change?

@calyn23 same here.

FAFSA did not add the awards column. Major changed from business to Letters and Sciences. Does that mean I got in?

@Wagner76 could mean that you got in, but will be on the pre-business track as opposed to direct admit to the business school

That would be great! How hard is it to get into B-School after freshman year if no a direct admit?

@Wiscoplz My daughters did not. Maybe some majors need to be corrected and others don’t. I don’t have a good theory on why those are changing. But probably not a bad thing at this point to see changes in your portal.

@wagner76 not 100% sure, but this is what their website says “Approximately half of our BBA students enter the Wisconsin School of Business through the pre-business process, applying in the spring of their first year for admission into the program beginning the following fall semester.”

Mine says general course-BS degree. I feel like it used to say something Other than general course or I’m just losing it at this point!