University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

Hey does Madison send out emails AND physical acceptance letters like the U of M? Or just online?

accepted!
OOS Illinois
major: civil engineering
act: 36 (m 35, r 36, s 36, w 35)
uw gpa 3.71, w gpa 4.8
5 aps by end of senior year (ap spanish 5 (4), ap chem (5), ap calc bc, ap econ, ap physics 1)
EC ok ish
ALSO IF YOU DON’T WANT TO GO TO UW MADISON PLEASE DECLINE YOUR OFFER I HAVE 2 FRIENDS WHO REALLLLLLYYYYY WANT TO GO (IT’S THEIR DREAM SCHOOL) BUT GOT DEFERRED AND FOR EVERY EA PERSON WHO DOESNT WANT TO GO AND DECLINES THEIR OFFER PEOPLE LIKE MY FRIENDS WHO REALLY WANT TO GO CAN GO

How many others applied to UW and UMich? How are you deciding/choosing between the two?

Son applied to both. Deferred at UM. Accepted to UW. But I think UW might be higher on his list. He’s nuclear engineering. Wants to get into fusion research and UW is near the top in that area. That said, he’s holding out for the Ga Tech decision which is his #1. Keeping all options open at this point.

Hey did anyone get scholarship information in their acceptance letters? I saw on some other threads that scholarships were being stated in their letters, but I thought the deadlines for most were like February?

Although I know that I am not the only one, I feel a bit excluded not to get decision at the moment. I hope they release right after their break is over. But personally I think the decision will come out on like mid-January (like Georgia Tech).

I’m applying to UMich and UW. I got accepted to UW and deferred from Umich. Probably gonna visit them both again

accepted!
OOS Maryland
major: computer science/ LS
sat: 1490
uw gpa 4.00, w gpa 4.72
13 APs by end of senior yr, 5s on US,Human Geo, Gov, Macro,Micro,World, CSP, Lang.
ECs ok. a few leadership positions. nothing amazing ;/. ~300 volunteer hours.
Parent Legacy.

anyone know when merit aid is gonna come out/ if it already has? I was hoping to get some b/c oos tuition is pricey.

Son accepted to letter science comp sci. Very happy. Does anyone know what the procedure would be to apply /change or double major with comp engineering? He was accepted umn engineering and waiting on a couple others.

On Wisconsin!

@cswim5 did you already accept your spot at Madison and then decline all your other colleges?

@Narnian02 Yea, I got a scholarship decision in my letter! Most are due in February, but there was a priority deadline for at least one of them. I know for a fact that the Mercile J. Lee Scholars Program had a priority deadline in mid-November.

Daughter Got into both (comp science). We are going to tour both schools but leaning towards Michigan because of a stronger program

@SeoulJeju are you an international student?

Yes, I am an international student from South Korea (attending a British international school with IBDP)

Wait, did you receive an email saying that your decision will be delayed? If not, I guess not all decisions for international students were delayed.

Does anyone know if Wisconsin accepts a lot of deferred students? Or anything about an acceptance rate for deferred students?

1 Like

Is there anyone from Illinois still waiting their decision? Daughter did NOT receive an email saying her decision would be after Dec. 31. Hmm…

I got in to UM and still have yet to receive my UW decision but UM is for sure the better school overall but it depends on your major. UM has the more research money and is highly ranked. But at the end of the day it’s up to you and what you want

We are OOS and got admitted to Letters and Sciences. Deferred at Michigan. Got in at Illinois and Minnesota. Got a financial aid offer at UW which was basically eligible for like $5000 in loans. Heard nothing back from Illinois but wasn’t expecting to and not expecting anything anyways. Minnesota offered Presidential Scholarship of $15,000 a year. So for us at this point not looking good for UW. Illinois slightly cheaper than Minn.
In regards to Michigan I agree with previous poster overall its a slightly better school. But how much money is that worth?

@nicole20 I am in a similar position, accepted at UW and Minnesota. Madison has thus far only offered me loans while Minnesota has offered some scholarships. But like, Madison is still figuring that stuff out right? We’ll probably hear about scholarships later?