University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

I think she was referring to the email a lot of people received today saying that they are still reviewing most of the EA apps and they will be releasing decisions by end of Jan. (not a deferral letter).

3 Likes

There is no merit aid/award listed for my S. OOS (NJ).

Does it mean he didnt get any or will it be awarded later? 56K is little steep

I will be!

same here, showing zero aid, 59k cost of attendance is REALLY steep :frowning:

Any students from Illinois who got notified?

We’re right next to Wisconsin! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Nothing updated in my son’s portal yet. We are in Illinois

3 Likes

Good luck!

As far as I can tell from reading these forums, Wisconsin has never been very generous on OOS merit aid. And even then, the awards don’t make much of a dent.

still zero merit aid, makes it very hard. if they can get the total cost to $4xk then it will be better (at least psychologically). If zero aid, then it will make it very tough. This is the top school for my S. So very nervous

For most of the UW-Madison scholarships, you have to apply for them through the scholarship hub. I heard those scholarships will be awarded later.

1 Like

Does anyone think it’s going to come out tonight for IL? Or should I expect to wait until Jan?

3 Likes

The impression I got from today’s email is that decisions will be sent out ANY time between now & late January. Could be tonight, could be 1/30. Frustrating

1 Like

My son didn’t hear anything last night
OOS NC but also didn’t get the email everyone is talking about
will be checking frequently!

My S is also OOS NC and didn’t hear last night. But he’ll be checking his portal more frequently now!

I’m not sure if this is true, but it seems like they are sending out in a similar order of waves by state as they did last year. If that is possible, the next few to hear back after nj ny wi mn and ca are ct, il, md, ma, fl, pa, and mi. still doesn’t say much about the timeline of how spaced out the decisions will be.

2 Likes

What was the gap between the waves last year? Anyone knows

I think the second wave was the following night

Was Virginia/DC in final wave last year?

Does anyone know what time last nights wave was?

Some people on reddit said they got their email around 8:30 cst