University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

I got accepted
Decision: Admitted
SAT/ACT: N/A
GPA: 3.5 unweighted, 5.0 weighted (probably somewhere between 4.3 and 4.6 on 5 scale)
District/State: Broward, Florida
Major: Computer Science

If you got deferred and you know you’re not going to UW-Madison could you please withdraw your application?

2 Likes

So for UW-Madison Early Action, are any applicants denied, or are the only outcomes accepted or deferred to RD?

Wisco in particular has always had a reputation for doling out tons of deferrals then accepting in March. Make sure he writes a letter of continued interest & just stay on top of admissions so they know he’s still really interested

3 Likes

Dd accepted & will enroll!!
OOS CT
Sociology major
Gpa 3.75 uw
No test scores
Tons of ec & community service.

I know from other boards, kids were denied during Early Action when decisions were released in December. I think they are unlikely to post about that.

does anyone know when financial aid info for UW will be released. I got accepted and want to know if I will be getting aid

1 Like

does anyone know when we have to accept by? is it may 1st?

I was deferred but Wisconsin is my #1 choice and I really want to attend! Any advice on how to make sure admissions know I am very interested and will attend if admitted? I will submit my grades and write a letter of intent, but is there anything extra I should do to boost my chances? Thanks

1 Like

yes.

may 1st is what the letter said

what were your stats?

Here are mine for reference
Decision: Admitted
SAT/ACT: N/A
GPA: 3.5 unweighted, 5.0 weighted (probably somewhere between 4.3 and 4.6 on 5 scale)
District/State: Broward, Florida
Major: Computer Science

My stats were 3.8 weighted and a 28 on the act. This semester my gpa is a 4.35

Our daughter was admitted (pre nursing)!

OOS (Colorado )
4.0 UW, 4.167 W (no math classes are weighted except AP so nothing prior to AP Calc)
1460 SAT (one sitting)
5 AP courses, 5 College Prep (no Honors courses here; nothing weighted but AP)
ECs: too lazy to list

Son from IL admitted.

3.75 uw GPA; 4.92 wgpa
History major
32 ACT (26 m, 35 English, 36 R, 31 s)
5 APs, honors
Soccer, NHS, Key Club, hundreds of volunteer hours, co-founder of school history club, Model UN, exchange student program participant.

For whoever was defered ( at least IN December there is a button now to add midyear grades on the decision status

1 Like

Do admitted students need to self-report midyear grades ? I see the link to submit it. Or is this just for deferred ?

What is your preferred major?

Deferred still has a good chance. I would call the admission office and ask what they would like to see. Sounds like your grades are great so far this year.

when do we find out about financial aid and scholarships? also are there good scholarships for out of state peeps?

My preferred major is marketing( in the Wisconsin school of business) thanks so much you are so helpful!