***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

If I applied early action, will Wisconsin see my first semester senior year grades?

Yeah, I was wondering that too.

You are required to self-report your mid-year grades.

https://www.admissions.wisc.edu/help/selfreport/

Is there a deadline to self-report these grades?

According to the website you’ll be prompted to do this but sounds like you can also be proactive and enter them into the Student Center as soon as you receive them.

@FIN2187 - MyUW seems to be back up and running. Sometimes there is maintenance over the weekend on these so that could have been what the problem was a day or so ago.

So the website says “End of January” decisions for EA. Do they begin sending decisions earlier? Does anyone know when that starts?

Last year they delayed a LOT of the out-of-staters till the last day of January, for some reason. In-staters seemed to receive their acceptances beginning in December. This year - who knows?

Some years, people started hearing back around Thanksgiving, more recently it’s been mid-December.

It would really suck if I get deferred/ waitlisted. Does this decision depend on when you apply?

Don’t think so. Last year there were some pretty decent stats that got deferred. Do you know your new ACT yet?

Yeah I received the scores. Honestly, now I think I have to remake my college list. Quite bummed out actually.

Your original ACT isn’t so bad and anyway not much you can do about it one way or the other. Always a good idea to have a couple of backups at hand. Good luck to you!

Thanks but out of all the things right now, I’m really not worried about my act score LOL. IYKWIM

Did anyone receive any notification saying that they received all your application materials?

Do each of the 4 items (application, test score, recommendation letter, transcript) show as “received” when you log in to check?

Yes. I thought they send an email as well. Never mind then.

I got a three fold pamphlet yesterday from the admissions office saying there is a seat waiting for you… does anyone know if that means I got in??

No, that doesn’t mean you got in.