GPA(W): 4.21
GPA(UW): 3.94
Double Legacy (Both Parents Attended)
4th Generation
2 Strong LoR
Worked very hard on my essays.
Good luck to everyone else who is waiting to hear back :slight_smile:

will there be an acceptance sent in the mail for the people who have heard

Yes package will be sent out…could take 2 weeks but it will come!

If you look at the UW-Madison Admissions twitter it says they just started sending out EA information. It will take a few days. If you haven’t heard by Thursday or Friday I would call. They said all of the EA applicants will get some sort of answer by 1/31.

Yes they send a whole package in the mail.
Not all EA have heard…according to this thread.
Congratulations to everyone! ONWisconsin…now if the Packers will just pull it together all would be right!

Question for all who have been accepted - my D is deciding between UW and another school. If she doesn’t accept her spot immediately, how does that affect housing or registration, if at all. Is there anything that must happen between now and May 1 other than accepting?

@OnWisconsinGirl, the following link might be helpful:

https://www.housing.wisc.edu/residencehalls-assignments-gettingstarted.htm

Follow some of the links on the page for more details. Looks like you can submit a $300 deposit to secure your choice of housing, which is refundable if you do not opt to attend (need to let them know by 5/1). Housing preference can be entered beginning 3/15 and can be changed anytime before 5/1.

If my acceptance letter says I was accepted into nuclear engineering within the college of engineering, do I still have to apply to the college sophomore year or am I a direct admit?

COE is direct admit only this year, isn’t it?

Update to add, from COE website:

“Students applying to UW-Madison to be considered for direct admission to the College of Engineering need to indicate an engineering major as their first choice. Direct admission to a major means students will start in the program of their choice in the College of Engineering and will need to meet progression requirements at the end of the first year to guarantee advancement in that program.”

OOS Illinois
No decision

Will there be decisions released tonight at 7 PM CT?

So, one more hour?

@Natmomillinois Me as well. Hoping for tonight. Good luck to you!

If we get in, where will the decision show up on the UW portal? and will we get an email?

@goalexp I believe that the portal will be updated first, and then an email will be sent out about an hour later (or at least this is what I have heard so far).

@goalexp apparently we get an email and it’s under the notifications tab of myUW (although I haven’t heard back either so that’s just according to other college confidential users) good luck!

My D had difficulty accessing the letter at first (a LOT of activity on the Student Center, is my guess). But she knew she was accepted because her message had changed to something like "Please review the Admitted Student Checklist . . . ".

Edit to add: this was last night.

I hope you get great news!!!

nervous out of my mind. Hopefully the decision itself is given out for me tonight

i dont see anything…

are they out?