University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Business Direct Admit

Hello everyone. I was just wondering if anyone applied and heard back from the Wisconsin School of Business Direct Admit program. I applied on February 15 and should hear back by tomorrow by the latest. If you received news back from the school, did it take a month at the latest to hear back? Thank you for any feedback!

you should hear back by March 15th unless the cutoff for Feb was the 14th then it’ll be by April 15.

I applied on February 15 and I haven’t heard back yet today, has anybody else heard back?

Son was accepted, denied and then accepted again yesterday LOL

Does anyone know the stats of UW freshman in Letters & Science who get accepted into the school of business as sophomores? How many apply / get accepted etc?

If I’m not wrong it could be around 43% and 25% for direct HS admitted last year

Wasn’t it upwards near 75% a few years ago?

@Pepe95, just to be clear does the 43% reflect the # of UW freshman who apply to Biz School internally and get accepted to start there as sophomores?

@Endeavor10 yes that’s what I heard when I attended to an admission session in Biz School last January. Also, the average GPA for admitted students is 3.64.

Try not to get caught up in percentages and figures. A crucial aspect for admittance is to write about your involvement in clubs such as DECA/FBLA, college level clubs, or some kind of business participation either during summer or school year. The school of business wants to make sure that students who are applying are dedicated to that major. Good luck to all

@4highkers Do you know what will happen to the WSB direct admit applications of those students who were waitlisted for Madison? Will they be reviewed at all? If the student comes off the waitlist, will they be reviewed?

I really don’t know about what happens in the waitlisted situation. Hope you hear soon!!!

According to the website it looks like everyone who applied direct admit will hear tomorrow, correct?

@Lulu2017 That’s correct, or at least that’s what I saw as well.
Except we don’t know if waitlisted applicants will be notified at all…

Waitlisted students have not been admitted to UW- all students are admitted to the university as a whole first. Among those admitted students some will be admitted to a specific school as entering freshmen (typically students need to be at UW and their college record used to determine admission to engineering and business). I would guess the overall UW acceptance notification also will include any direct admissions. Therefore there is no chance for those not accepted yet to be in the elite number already getting into the programs to do so.

btw- being admitted to one of these programs does not mean you can’t change your mind and do a different major in a different school/college later. Not getting in directly as a freshman does (should?) not preclude being able to get in later as well.

Does anyone know about what time we are supposed to hear back today?! I am on edge!

will I get an email on the decision or will it be on my student center?

@jackobr from what I heard student center won’t be updated but you’ll be notified by email

@jackobr I messaged them on facebook and they responded “Good afternoon. We will be releasing decisions today via the email you used when you applied through the direct admission process. You can expect to sed and email within the next couple of hours. Thank you and best of luck!”

Decisions are out! I got accepted :’)