University Scholars Program

Hi, I’m a freshman at the university and I’ve recently heard of the University Scholars Program. I am a Communicative Disorders major, and plan to get a masters in Speech Language Pathology. I was wondering who I would need to contact to get more information on the University Scholars Program? I’ve read the information on the website, but can’t seem to get a clear idea of where I need to go to find out more information. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

You can talk to your dept head.

@haleybevis - My son is in the Univeristy Scholars Program. His advisor started talking to him about this program when he was a sophomore, but he was not able to apply until his junior year.

My son is also in the University Scholars program. I believe you can apply after you have 90 credits. He applied during Christmas break of his 2nd year, was approved, and was able to change 2 of his classes from regular to grad level for that spring semester. His is getting his Computer Science masters degree. I am not sure about Speech Pathology. My son did not have to take a GRED test beforehand (or whatever the test is to get into grad school) but I know some tracks require it.

We have a CD major and have looked into this. It isn’t availabke due to clinical requirements. You’ll likely find any other field requiring clinicals isn’t likely to offer it for the same reason.