University Scholarship!

<p>Just got it, worth $24,000 a year! To make this topic worthwhile, I'll put my stats here... later. Gotta celebrate a little first.</p>

<p>can you tell me your stats</p>

<p>is the scholarship listed separately from the letter or part of the letter?</p>

<p>Instead of starting a new thread, you should put this into the “Official EA Results” thread.
Zinc</p>

<p>Congratulations!</p>

<p>Here are the stats he posted in the EA thread:
Objective:</p>

<pre><code>* SAT I (breakdown):

• ACT: 33 Composite

• SAT II (if submitted): 790 Bio, 780 Chem, 710 Math1

• Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 93.1/100

• Grades in AP/IB/honors classes (if applicable): Too be updated later (this covers most of my classes)

• Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): n/a

• AP (place score in parenthesis): Physics B(4), US History(4), Calculus AB, Psychology, U.S. Government

• IB (place score in parenthesis): n/a

• Extracurriculars (place leadership and number of years participated in a certain activity in parenthesis): To be updated

• Job/Work Experience: n/a

• Volunteer/Community service: To be updated

• General Essay (subject and personal opinions on it): To be updated

• Teacher Recommendation (only if you saw it): Didn’t see it.

• Counselor Rec (only if you saw it): Didn’t see it.

• Additional Rec (only if you saw it): n/a

• State (if domestic applicant): New York

• Country (if international applicant): n/a

• School Type: Public

• Ethnicity: Caucasian

• Strengths:

• Weaknesses:

• Why you think you were accepted/rejected:
    </code></pre>

<p>I got this too. Is this the best scholarship? I thought there was a full ride?</p>

<p>theman44, there is a Singer scholarship (full tuition). You have to interview for it, and I think that they are sending the interview invites separately from the scholarship package. Not 100% sure though.</p>

<p>Did the scholarship letters come in the acceptance packet? I got my acceptance letter/folder but nothing about scholarships :/</p>

<p>Yeah I didn’t get anything about a scholarship in my acceptance either :(</p>

<p>I got the university scholarship too(:</p>

<p>so if you received a certificate for a university scholarship, does that mean you cannot still get an invite for the singer interview??</p>

<p>I called admissions and they said that Singer invites are coming separately sometime within the next week. I hope I get an invite because I got the University Scholarship (yay!) too, so I would think that makes me competitive for a Singer, or at least a few extra g’s of merit money. Either way, I’m super excited to be a 'Cane!</p>

<p>Hpw did you all find out about the scholarship? Did you get to see it on cane? or was it a mail?</p>

<p>@satacer: everyone that found out about scholarships found out in their letter, not online. singer invites are coming out later tho</p>

<p>I got the Dickinson scholarship which is worth 20k, right underneath the 24k, so does this mean that we wont be able to recieve a Singer invite?</p>

<p>I got the university scholarship with a 35 ACT, 2210 SAT, 4.74 GPA, valedictorian, good recs & ECs. nothing about Singer in the packet. </p>

<p>When I went to visit Miami, they said that roughly 300 people who receive 24,000 will be invited to compete for Singer; so I do not think that someone who receives 20,000 will be invited. But I could be wrong</p>

<p>So are all scholarship offers out? I know USC sends out its top two scholarships with acceptances, but other scholarships offer go out at a later date. Does anyone know how Miami works?</p>

<p>I believe that all scholarships come with your acceptance letter. If you do not have a certificate in your packet, then unfortunately you will not receive a scholarship.</p>

<p>Miami has become extremely competitive in the last few years and attracts top students as you can see by the acceptance thread. I also think (but have no evidence) that they try to spread these scholarships across all categories (geopraphic, demographic, and major).</p>

<p>I have seen adcoms state that students that received scholarships more than five years ago would now have a hard time even getting into Miami.</p>

<p>I’m an international student, and I’ve been admitted to UM with $24k University Scholarship. So, will I be eligible to other scholarships when studying at UM ?</p>