University Studies

<p>Is the university studies program at tech easier to get into then lets say the business school or are they relatively the same in difficulty of admission? Also if admitted to university studies, are students able to enter any major besides engineering and architecture relatively easy once they figure out what they want to major in?</p>

<p>My understanding is that, yes, university studies is the easiest to get into because if you don't get accepted into, say, engineering, they automatically consider you for US. From there, you take your basic requirements and start discovering what you want to major in. If you later decide that want bus or eng, you will definitely have a harder time transferring in b/c there are certain courses that have to be taken in order and they start first semester freshman year. Most other majors you declare after or maybe it's during your soph year. By then you'll have taken a few courses in the subject.</p>

<p>I have heard it's easier to switch from one major to another than it is to switch from US. Maybe better to select a major that's not too challenging. Anyone?</p>

<p>If I apply early to Engineering and get rejected from engineering but get into University Studies, am I still binded to attend?</p>

<p>Nope you are not binded to attend. In fact when I visited the school the admissions officer said that they will generally defer the engineering applicants that do not quite meet the standards and in the regular admissions process they can be accepted, rejected or second choiced into university studies.</p>

<p>my dorm roomate was rejected by the college of engineering and accepted by university studies. He is fulfilling many of his core curriculum requirements for engineering (pain in the butt haha) and if he retains a certain GPA (i believe its a 3.0) he will be admitted into the college of engineering next year.</p>

<p>Business and Engineering are harder to get into, particularly engineering, but at the same time engineering sort of provides a safety net while i'm not sure business does. U studies is the most populated major and a little more lenient on admission requirements than specific colleges.</p>

<p>Switching majors within colleges is fairly simple (chem to bio, electrical eng to mechanical engi, animal sci to biochem) but do not plan on switching from english to economics/engineering. Switching between colleges is quite difficult even for students with good grades, so make sure to apply to the college ur potential major is in. U studies does have a well organized program where u can plan to fufill courses for ur projected major in order to keep up, but that leaves some dense major oriented semesters.</p>

<p>P.S. HNFE (health nutrition, fitness, exercise) is also a little more competitive and is popular among students trying to become physical therapists/physicians.</p>