Unmentioned scholarships

<p>DegreeWorks displayed course plans based on the major(s) listed in the computer system. There is a “What If” function that can be used to see the required courses for other majors. You can also look at the academic catalog [Academic</a> Catalogs - The University of Alabama](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>http://catalogs.ua.edu/) or the paper checklists (available for selected majors) to see degree requirements.</p>

<p>Students can add a second major once classes begin.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if DegreeWorks has a pre-med track option to add to one’s major? For instance, if you’re a history major who is also pre-med, is there an option to select that will show that you need:</p>

<p>bio I and II
chem I and II
ochem I and II
physics I and II
Calc I
recommended: stats, biochem, anatomy, and genetics.</p>

<p>I should know this because my son is pre-med, but since he’s a ChemE major with math, bio, and chem minors, the pre-reqs were included in those…so we never looked into this.</p>

<p>Pink- Your daughter seems very similar to me in terms of grades and test scores. I have a 4.75 gpa(should be a 4.81 by the end of the year) and a 3.93 unweighted. My sat however was a 1340/1940 and a 29 on the act. I did get the capstone scholarship and got 2/3 tuition which is insanely helpful.</p>

<p>As for scholarship and grades in general- I do think the scholarships at Alabama are quite generous compared to other state schools but I still dont like scholarships in general. As stated above, I have a high gpa but only moderate test scores. I honestly dont even work that hard in school as it is now. I do well, better than most, but when it comes to these standardized tests, I just cant seem to do well. As for grades go, after this year ill have taken 8 ap classes and only have 2 B’s. Both B’s were 92’s which in many schools would be A’s. Unfortunately my county operates on a 7 points scale instead of a 10 point scale. I know colleges can see this but I still dont like that me and a friend can have identical grades but he gets an A and I get a B. Thankfully I just barely met the sat requirements and received my scholarship. The reason I say its generous is because I got 7500 at Clemson and 12500 at Oklahoma state. </p>

<p>Also, I plan on majoring in math for now, although I am very much thinking of switching into engineering. Any chances I can get a department scholarship for math?</p>

<p>*1340/1940 and a 29 on the act. I did get the capstone scholarship and got 2/3 tuition which is insanely helpful.</p>

<p>*</p>

<p>Just to clarify…if you got a 1340 M+CR and you’re OOS and you got 2/3 tuition, then you got the UA Scholar scholarship. Congrats!!</p>

<p>although* I am very much thinking of switching into engineering**. Any chances I can get a department scholarship for math? *</p>

<p>Math doesn’t give scholarships to incoming frosh.</p>

<p>However, if you change your major to Engineering, then you’d get full tuition PLUS 2500 per year. Wow!</p>

<p>Students who have a 30-31 ACT or 1330-1390 SAT (math and verbal scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will receive a tuition supplement to bring their University-level scholarship offer up to the value of tuition. In addition, they will receive $2,500 per year for four years.</p>

<p>So, if you’re considering Engineering, do that. You might also minor in math if you want.</p>

<p>Thanks! I have decided to change from math to engineering. If I definitely do go to bama, ill either do mechanical or aerospace and have decided that Ill only major in math if i go to clemson.</p>

<p>Change your major on MyBama…Academics tab…scroll down the left column.</p>

<p>You can still either double major or do a minor in math. </p>

<p>Did you apply to the Honors College?</p>

<p>Do you know what Clemson is going to offer you scholarship-wise?</p>