Unofficial Purdue Class of 2020 EA Applicant Thread

Just got offered admission to FYE!!!Was under committee review till yesterday and it changed today to offer admission.All my documents were received on the 5th so it took approximately one month.

Applied 1st Nov but still under commitee review. International Student with 2200 Sat. Any idea when it would be out?

@thecoolkid12 You should get it in these two weeks!!!Wait for a little longer:)

@thecoolkid12 I too applied on 1st but got my decision on 25th November (international applicant).
Have they received all the scores that you meant to send then? Because they offered me admission exactly a day after they received all my scores. (SAT subject test scores were sent on 24th November)

My son just got in Purdue FYE …I think.
His portal says “Offer Admission” and Program as “First Year Engineering” but for Decision Letter it says “Not Available at this time” and he has not received any email from Purdue. Those of you who were accepted, did you all get an email and a decision letter OR was there a time lag between the two?

I want to give some hope to those of you still waiting for your decision. We are OOS (NJ) with very average stats: 3.75 W GPA, 31 C ACT and 800 SATII Math II and 800 SATII Chem, very competitive high school. We applied October 10 but application completed on Nov 2 due to delay in ACT scores.
So excited…just hang in there. You guys will be fine!

Also, his application status was “Complete Ready for Review” for more than 3 weeks and directly changed to Offer Admission.

@DSNJ2016 My daughter’s status updated the same as your son’s this Wednesday. E-mail confirming admission came on Thursday. Her decision letter is still not posted, but it indicates it may take 3 business days to post the letter. Congrats to your son!

My son was accepted to FYE. He is OOS and his application was complete 10/27. He received an email today and when I checked the application status online, the status had changed form Complete Ready to Review to Offer Admission. The only other change was in the requirements section where for the first time the application fee showed up as paid online 9/22. Previously there had been only ACT score info and transcript.

ACT 33
GPA 3.4 (UW)
Varsity Waterpolo and Swimming

@DSNJ2016 Also an OOS FYE applicant from NJ whose materials were all receieved Nov. 2! Still waiting!

The admission letter for S was available about 2 days after the “offer admission” then he got things in the mail. He has received several emails since, from the school (dated same day portal updated) the college of science, then the facebook invite for admits and parents, etc. They recently sent a boilermaker poster with S’s name on it, which was nice. You recent admits should start getting all this shortly. They have stayed in touch over the last month much more so than the other schools that have accepted S, which makes it feel a bit more real. There are some admitted students days in February and March you can sign up for as well.
Congrats to everyone!!

@DSNJ2016 same here! I’m from Northern NJ, Mendham to be exact. My application was complete by Nov 2 as well.

I just got accepted to human and health sciences! everything was recieved nov 3 and my status changed directly from complete and ready for review to decision made. Also, I’m OOS with 34 ACT and 4.0 UW. It’s nice to have an acceptance already!

Hey guys, my application status just changed to decision made and the decision now reads “Offer Admission”. Does this mean that I’ve gotten into Purdue?

Yay I got in!

School/major: Public Health

SAT I (breakdown): 2240 superscored (710,750,780)
ACT (breakdown): 34 (did not send too cheap lol)
SAT II (place score in parentheses): Bio: 750 Chem: 790
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.78
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): School doesn’t rank
AP (place score in parentheses): Biology (5), Chemistry (5), Psychology (5), APUSH (3), AP English Language (4)
Senior Year Course Load: AP Physics 1, AP Calc AB, AP Environmental Science, AP Gov/Econ, English 12, Band
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): National Merit Semifinalist

Total 9 AP’s
Few EC’s

@delhikamunda Based on the experience of my daughter and others posting to this thread, yes. Congrats! You should get a confirming email, likely by Monday.

Everything received October 31, and I’m still in the “complete ready for review stage”. :((

Accepted into School of Management Pre Strategy & Organiz Mgmt today! Applied October 29th

GPA: 3.12 UW/ 3.47 W
ACT: 32

17 AP/IB classes
2 Varsity sports
400+ volunteer hours
Intern @ Tesla for Comp. Sci.

Public CA school

GPA is straight terrible so I was a little worried but I am glad I can rest easy on Purdue, now on to Santa Clara EA…

International FYE applicant here. Still shows up as “complete ready for review” - this is ridiculous. Moreover, the other 2 who applied from my school got their acceptances already.

Guys Can i transfer from college of science to college of engineering? I chose computer science but now I feel like i want to do Computer Engineering. Is this possible?

@s16s18s21s25 Did you get any scholarship information from Purdue yet since your son was accepted a long time ago? I was following your posts and was scared when I saw that your son did not get into Engg in Ohio State despite his good stats. Purdue is definitely a better choice though. My son’s dream school is UIUC which is a REACH for him but he is very excited about Purdue acceptance.
BTW, he did get an email yesterday…still waiting on the decision letter though.