Unofficial Purdue Class of 2020 EA Applicant Thread

any november 25 decision yet?

My son got accepted the first day and we haven’t heard about honors or scholarships yet. I think the first round is announced around Christmas and then more in Feb for merit scholarships.

@DSNJ2016 I think the scholarship stuff doesn’t come out until February. S didn’t really want to go to Ohio State to be honest–he wants UIUC the most but I think that is a clear reach and I have no idea if he’ll get in. I think there is a strong chance he’ll end up at Purdue which I think would be a great school for him. We signed up for the admitted student day for the end of February–I figure by then a couple of weeks will have passed after hearing from UIUC and he will be ready to move on. Your decision letter should be there soon–S got his decision on a Friday and the letter was there Sunday afternoon.

My son just got email from Purdue that he’s in!
It was around 5pm Saturday PST.

Not sure if he got in Engineering since the system maintenance is going on and can’t check the status online right now.
He also applied to Penn State Engineering around the same time (last week of October) and got accepted way earlier (Nov/16) so we were worried but now feel much better!

ACT 33
SAT 1930
Subject test Math 800
GPA 3.7 (UW)
Class rank 9%
Varsity Soccer Capitan

I was just wondering, have any international students received his/her offer yet? I know a few people who got their offer when they applied in August/September, but nobody who applied in October-November has received his/her offer.

I applied during the last week of October for FYE, and sent all my SAT scores (2140 in SAT I, 800 in two SAT 2’s) as well as all my transcripts by first week of November. I don’t have any AP’s because I’m a gap year student and only decided to go to the US in March.

Application Summary still says “Complete ready for review” and it’s said that since early November. Should I be scared?

@swagballer my application was complete on October 24th

@jakejakekk I’m an international student, applied on 1st November and got the decision on 25th November. Just make sure no test score and pending and hang in there.

Are u an international student

Applied on November 1st and still have not heard a reply back. I chose “exploratory studies”

@bilzerian I confirmed with the college and they have received all my test scores and transcripts, so IDK :confused:

Finally - accepted into FYE! At lunchtime it was still unchanged but just checked now & it reads “offer admission”. No email yet. I had everything submitted 10/29. Hang in there! I’m oos btw.

Applied November 1st

Decision: Accepted

Objective:
ACT (breakdown): 35C (36E/36M/35R/32S/36E)
SAT II: Math 2: 800 Chemistry: 780 US History: 710
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.71
Weighted GPA (out of 5.0): 4.11

Intended Major: B.S. Computer Science
State (if domestic applicant): CA
School Type: public, competitive
Ethnicity: Asian

First acceptance! Good luck to everyone else! I’m sure you will all find a great school! :slight_smile:

when did purdue receive all of ur materials?

On my Application It says “Offered Addmission” but I can’t download the application letter. How long did it take for this to become avalable. Or is the letter mailed first?

First Year Engineering
Texas Resident

when did you submit ur materials

@BrandonJD My D received an email 1 day after the status was updated like yours, and the pdf acceptance letter was available 3 days after the status update.

S & D (twins) both applied for FYE around Oct. 12.

D: 3.9 GPA, 31 ACT, varsity swimmer, multiple other ECs: Accepted December 7
S: 3.4 GPA, 28 ACT, 3-sport athlete, varsity swim & lacrosse, Eagle Scout, multiple other ECs: Denied FYE, offer guaranteed admission for alternate majors. Currently considering it.

Happy to report that my son was accepted into FYE today! He’s OOS and applied on Oct. 30.

My daughter was denied for nursing but offered alternative admission. GPA - 4.2, will go up significantly after this first trimester, straight A’s in 3 ap courses. Her ACT were on the low side, however, I’m sure that’s why she was denied, but she is taking them on December 12th and perhaps with better scores she could contact admissions to see if there is a possibility of getting into nursing again. We will see, she’s been offered admission to 5 other schools, but really likes Purdue. And she’s waiting on more schools as well. Good luck to all.

Applied Oct 30, application complete Nov 2-still complete and ready for review. No change :frowning: