Unofficial Purdue Class of 2020 EA Applicant Thread

Had everything set Nov.2… “Complete and Ready For Review” since then X(

@HalfBeard: Assuming your application was complete by the November deadline, I am going to hypothesize that the longer the wait the more your chances of getting into Honors Program and/or receiving merit-based scholarship. :slight_smile:

Hey, I applied at the beginning of October, and heard back 2 1/2 weeks later. I was accepted into the Engineering School.

-GPA 3.96; W.GPA 4.60
-SAT: 1960
-7 AP Classes, and a lot more honors classes
-No class rank
-Maryland Resident

-Over 300 volunteer hours
-4 Year Varsity Tennis (Starting line up since freshman year)
-2nd DAN Black Belt
-I’ve taught karate and tennis, and I interned at the National Institute of Standards and Technology in the Engineering -Lab during my junior year. So, I have a lot of work experience.
-VP of Physics Club
-Founder and president of Women in Engineering Club
-Lead Student Ambassador
-Member of the National Honors Society, Science Honors Society, Technical Honors Society, and English Honors Society
-Attended the Smith College Summer Science and Engineering Program the summer after my sophomore year
-Attended the Stanford High School Summer College the summer after my junior year and got straight A’s in all of my undergraduate classes

Also, my mom is an alumni, but I don’t think that means anything since Purdue is a public institution

@Emotive Well that’s some nice positive thinking! Thanks!

@HalfBeard I am in the same boat as you are. Waiting (im)patiently. :slight_smile:

Two new boxes for my son today that had not been there last night…
Decision: Offer Admission
Decision Letter: Not available at this time

Accepted FYE
Applied October 31.

Had to call ACT to get tracking number for Purdue on November 3rd.

Purdue acknowledge receipt date of October 20th on November 5th, so this may have pushed our review to the back of the line.
OOS

ACT 35
GPA 3.85 W.GPA 4.75
5 5’s on all AP tests. 6 more senior year.

Daughter accepted into FYE yesterday!

Son accepted FYE this am.
SAT 2070 760 math 620 cr
SAT 2 math 760
GPA 4.33 (w) 4.02 (uw)
He applied late October and SAT scores were delayed until Nov. 5th. Good luck to all. Seemed like a long time to make a decision. First acceptance. He is very happy.

I don’t understand. I applied Oct 30 for FYE, application complete with ACT scores by Nov 2. My application has remained at “complete and ready for review” since then, what is taking so long? I’m OOS, but still. Is this a sign of denial?

Accepted to FYE today.
Submitted October 31
OOS
GPA: 4.31 (w) 3.75 (uw)
ACT: 34
Subject tests: Math 2 - 800 Chemistry - 780

Accepted FYE
Completed Nov. 1, all materials received Nov. 3

SAT: 2170
GPA (UW): 4.0
GPA (W): 4.6

Good luck everyone! :slight_smile:

@envieng82020
I understand how you feel have been at the review state since October 30. There’s nothing we can do but wait and hope for the best

@purdueenthusist what are your stats like? I have a 29 ACT, 3.75/4 GPA, and then a good amount of extracurriculars with several leadership positions. I’m in my school’s STEM program, have built several apps, had a good essay, and applied at Purdue for Envi and Ecological engineering. I don’t understand why some people are getting decisions faster than others for FYE.

Accepted FYE OOS!! Finnallly!!’ Good luck to all!

Guys, you need to chill.

It’s rolling admission. How long you have to wait most likely is dependent on where they threw your application when they printed them out. Decisions will absolutely vary.

Finallllyyyyy

Accepted to FYE today.
Submitted Nov 2 (so lucky with the Nov. 8 extension, originally applied 10 minutes late for the Nov.1 deadline – thought Purdue was in the central time zone :/)

OOS
GPA: 4.6 (w) 4 (uw)
ACT: 35
Subject tests: Math 2 - 760 Chemistry - 800

I was just accepted to FYE today. How can I see if I was awarded any scholarships or when my act scores were received by Purdue? I am not sure if my ACT scores made it to Purdue before the early deadline which was the deadline for scholarships

@Illinois222 , you should be able to see at the bottom of your application status (the same page you can see offer of admission) under scores received. The box next to ACT scores should show the date they got it.

Congrats @HalfBeard, @Zeppelin7 and @Illinois222. I am hoping to join the ranks as well. [-O<

@envieng82020
I have a 3.9 UW and 4.2 weighed and thing that sucks is my SAT score of 1780 but have tons of ECs like robotics and varsity cross country. Applying for FYE, wanting to go into chemical engineering.