Unofficial Purdue Class of 2020 EA Applicant Thread

Just got accepted to FYE this morning! OOS, I applied Nov.1 and was complete by Nov. 3. Good luck everyone!

As per the application instructions, decision letter will be posted within 3 business days after the decision is made. Have you people started getting decision letters too?

@bhvima I have not received a letter yet.

@jfleit18 the fact that the decision is taking so long is not scaring people, it is that since Purdue is rolling, spots for certain majors may already get filled before our applications even get reviewed. And there seems to be a trend of applicants who are on the lower end/borderline being reviewed later.

My decision came on 10th so I am hoping a letter by Dec 15th

How are you finding out - written letter, email or simply posting on the portal? My daughter’s application for pre-vet was complete and ready for review on 11/7. Still waiting for a decision.

Accepted. 1st Year Engineering. California student. SAT 2120. 5s on Chemistry, Euro, Lang and Composition, and US History. 800 SAT-2 Chemistry. 790 SAT-2 Math Level 2. Eagle Scout. Black Belt. Nice to get accepted!!!

@1316gradmom The results are first released on the portal and you’ll get the e-mail within 24 hours. Also, the proper decision letter comes about 3 days after the decision is posted on the portal.

My son just accepted this afternoon into Krannert. OOS, SAT 2040 (1320 CR/M), GPA 4.38, top 10%. :">

My daughter accepted today into College of Agriculture. Last night her file said complete ready for review. At 8 am today it was Decision: Admitted.

Anyone else unable to open their decision letter? Any suggestions?

All of my materials are registered as being received on October 29th, yet the application status still reads “complete ready for review.” Is this happening to anyone else?

@name1234: Give it one more week. Probably too many applications for the admissions office to handle in a timely fashion. I suspect applications are put in different piles based on their geographical region to be handled by individual admission officers. It is probably the case that some officers are overwhelmed with the shear volume of the applications they have to process.

Has anyone from NJ gotten a decision for FYE?

@envieng82020 I heard back yesterday morning

@ma2020 Congratulations to your daughter!! Do you know when she applied? I applied October 30th for the collge of agriculture and I’m still waiting for a decision and hoping to hear back soon!

@peonysea my daughter applied Oct 27 but ACT did not arrive until Nov 2. Some of her friends heard much earlier but none had applied to agriculture. Hang in there and good luck.

Still waiting college of science, materials received Nov 4

i have recently been accepted into computer science but im still not completely sure if I want to do cs or computer engineering. If I decide computer engineering, will they let me switch into first year engineering?

how did yo convert your British grades to GPA? I’m also in the British curriculum, and its super hard trying to guess what my GPA is :frowning: