Unofficial Purdue Class of 2020 EA Applicant Thread

Accepted into FYE 2 to 3 weeks back. ACT 32, SAT 2100(CR 700 MATH 690 Writing 710). gpa 4.00. class rank 1.
SAT 2’s …Math Level 2 …770, Physics…780…waiting for SAT 2 Chemistry result… 4 APs…- Computer Science, Calculus BC, Physics C, and Chemistry., will give on May next year…too many EC’s too list… research paper with a professor on biotechnology in an international journal’s notable… Purdue was my 3rd choice…really glad I got in…Hoping to hear from Honors class and Trustees scholarship too…GO BOILERMAKERS…

Got accepted to FYE this morning! :smiley: Completed application on 1st November

International student with US citizenship. Don’t need financial aid.
SAT 1 - 2140 (Breakdown CR-690, M-760, W-690, E-8) (Previous SAT was 1860)
SAT 2 - Maths L2-800, Physics-800
Didn’t give the ACT or AP. Gap year student, because I decided to go to the US very very late.

On my phone. Will edit the EC’s into post later.

Does anyone know when Honors College decisions will be released? Or is that decision released with the admit decision?

Finally got accepted. Know the stress is killing others but just relax and trust yourself

Son got admitted to FYE on Dec 10th. Applied Oct 31. Haven’t heard yet about Honors.

Chance me pls
(international applicant)

ACT - 29C ; STEM-31
School ranked best in the country , GPA -4.5/5. (roughly)

ECs/Community service::

1.worked at the central water commision ( run by the indian govt.) for drought management for a year
2.taught underprivileged children for 4-5 hrs a week with an ngo for 3 years
3.taught village children for 17-19 days every summer for 3 years . was featured in the regional newspaper for this and was also interviewed by leading regional magazine.
4.worked with an ngo against female foeticide.-3 years
5.participated in a couple of MUNs. didnt win anything though.
6.member of the school gaming team. won a few competitions.
7.class prefect for 1 year.
8.intl maths olympiad 3 years ( with 96+ percentile every year)
9.skilled mountaineer- exp- 3+ years
10.played in the delhi international football league run by the american embassy for 3 years( won the league once and the golden boot once)
11.school football team for 2 years
12.school athletic meet - 2-3 years
13.science workshops/ competitions etc - 4-5 attended
14.maths workshops/competitions - 3- attended

Applying to CoE for Civil Engineering

@futurecivilguy14 Don’t worry, you should get in. I’m Indian as well (gap year student), and I don’t even have half those EC’s. Yet, I still got in.
I don’t know whether your ACT score is too low, because I gave the SAT.
Your GPA would be a 9/10, if I’m correct, unless you’re not in the same board as I am (CBSE) which is still great, because on a converted scale, that’s 3.6/4.

Just ace your essays, and you’re good to go. :slight_smile:

I finally got accepted!

Accepted from NJ for FYE!!! Applied on Oct 30 and application was complete on Nov 2. 27 ACT composite, 29 superscored. Applied for environmental and ecological engineering.

All my items were received on the 28th of October but I still haven’t heard back? Does anyone know when my decision should come? I applied Exploratory Studies. Patiently waiting!

Congrats @envieng82020! Your wait is over! :slight_smile:

Still nothing from them. Applied Oct 30, they received everything by Nov 4. International Student.

Accepted for FYE!!!

@JFFP97 Tomorrow will be exactly 6 weeks since we applied. (All my stuff got in Nov. 4 too) They estimate 4-6 weeks for a decision so we’re close!

I got all my stuff in on december 2 (12/2/15), and received my decision today (12/15/15). It took me 13 days almost 2 weeks. I was surprised. I was expecting somewhere in January to get my decision.

@jakejakekk thanks a lot bud for your motivationg comment. Can you please tell me your SAT score, if you dont mind. thanks

@Salutation What major did you apply for?

@nobelcollegekid - Mechanical Engineering.

I applied November 1 under political science. I haven’t heard anything back yet and it is mid-December. Are they only doing FYEs right now? Was applying under political science a bad idea? Am I going to get denied because I’m not doing a science? Really nervous and anxious! Please let me know.
ACT: 27
GPA: weighted-4.6 unweighted- 3.7
Tons of extracurriculars
34-English ACT score
A’s in all of my social studies/English classes all four years of high school that pertain to my major.

I just got in!!! I applied October 28th as a math major to the college of science and I’m from Boston with a 3.31 GPA and a 1960 SAT. Good luck everyone!