Unofficial Purdue Class of 2020 EA Applicant Thread

@Indijat: I’m sorry about this new. Mechanical engineering is certainly very competitive to get in at this time because the priority deadline is coming up soon and spots are filling up pretty quickly. I would suggest you to try to request for an alternate major.

@DavidVu…Thanks
Yeah, I also think it is to be done. I think I should ask for aerospace engineering!! But isn’t 1st year common engineering?? And I can change major to mechanical engineering in 2nd year??

The problem with me was I had to mail my 10th transcripts as counselor made mistake in common app. 1.5 months were consumed, seats consumed!! =((

@Indijat: Nope! That’s FYE ( First year engineering)
If you apply to aerospace eng. you will attend to that major the first year i think. You can try to reapply to FYE and change to ur major of choice after 1st year. That’s all dependent on your 1st year grades of course.
Anyways, best of luck!

anyone who applied after dec 20th to B-school hear back yet?
ty

Accepted!
ACT- 27 Composite (M-32 S-26 E-27 R-21) W-22
TOEFL- 95
IB Confidential Predicted Grade
2 Varsity sports, tons of ECs and Community Service
Essays- decent
Recommendations- Confidential

@Hooper13 Whats your major

Mechanical Engineering Tech

Accepted into exploratory studies.
GPA: 3.5
SAT: 1740
2 Varsity sports, a couple of AP/Honors classes, a lot of community service hours

Decision: Offer Admission
Yay!

SAT I (breakdown): 1800 (600 Critical Reading, 530 Writing, 680 Math)
SAT II: 650 Math II, 700 Physics
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.75
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 10%
Senior Year Course Load: IB Diploma (HL English B, SL Spanish A Language and Literature, SL Philosophy, SL Maths, HL Physics, HL Chemistry)

Tons of extracurricular activities, tons of volunteering and great essays about my passion for helping others and how I want to embrace by staying industrial engineering and how my stepfather is my role model.

Intended Major: Industrial Engineering
Country (if international applicant): Spain, Chile
School Type: Private
Ethnicity: Latino / Hispanic
Income Bracket: Very high

Strengths: Hispanic woman in engineering, great essays and ecs.
Weaknesses: GPA, Test scores…
Why you think you were accepted/deferred/rejected: I have a unique profile.
Where else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: Waiting on Georgia Tech, University of Michigan and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

General Comments: Very happy on the decision but I expected it.

Decision: Denied/ Offer Waitlist
International Applicant
SAT I (breakdown): 2000 (590 Critical Reading, 630 Writing, 780 Math)
SAT II: 800 Math II, 780 Physics
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): School does not report (92.1% in 11th grade) Indian Schooling system
Is there any chance of me getting accepted off the waitlist?

Purdue recieved all my stuff at the end of Nov, but I still haven’t heard back from Purdue. Any of you has the same situation or knows why?

@Tomwbush I was in the same situation! They recieved all my materials in november and I just got an acceptance decision yesterday! I called admissions tuesday and asked if they had all of the necessary documents needed to make a decision and I got one on thursday (yesterday lol) Purdue has a record number of incoming freshman applicants this year, so I believe admissions just got swamped with applications, who knows. Hang in there, you should hear back soon. Best of Luck :slight_smile: (I am in in-state resident)

thank you for sharing you story. i will keep waiting.

I applied on Dec 2nd so when should I expect a reply?

I am pleased to announce that I was offered a scholarship to Purdue. Only $5000, but it could be an option as a backup. Got it around Feb 8, was accepted Dec 20.

@jfleit18: Congratulations…Can u plz state ur stats and major …??? Thanks…I am waiting too… [-O<

I got into UMich CoE but waitlisted at Purdue. Interesting. :’)

S got honors in CS at Purdue and Maryland but was only accepted for “exploration” at Ohio State-- with a 35 ACT. Go figure… :-?

Major: CS
SAT: 1900(700 math, 600 others)
GPA: 3.45(UW) 4.1(W)
National Hispanic Scholar
Good EC
Major-related Essays
Major-related recommendation

Decision : Offer Admission

SAT I : 2100
SAT II: 800 Math II, 720Physics
A- school average
APs taken in senior year: Calc AB, Physics C both, Chem, MacroEcon, and Computer Science A

Tons of extracurricular activities, tons of volunteering and engineering realted activites.

Intended Major: Mechanical Engineering