Unofficial Purdue Class of 2020 EA Applicant Thread

My S got admitted last week… First Year Engineering
International student … ACT 28

Anyone knows what are the scholarship options for International Freshmen at Purdue?

I just got in today to FYE! 2010 SAT; 4.2 GPA; 7 APs; Leadership in several ECs

Congrats to everyone else!

I got in October 29th. Indiana resident
ACT: 31 GPA: 4.33 A bunch of APS, rank 4th in class of about 800,
wrote my essay in 20 minutes.

First year engineering

Congrats everyone for acceptance to Purdue.
I got accepted to first year engineering.
Indian applicant( international )
SAT 1650 (Cr:490/math:650/cw:510)
School %
9th 80%
10th 88% icse
11th 80% isc
12th 1st term 83%
You might be wandering my SAT score is too low. But my extracurriculars were very strong along with my essay. I showed a strong passion for learning which i indeed have.
Toefl iBT:95
SAT sucks for me.
I think they used toefl to check my English proficiency and it’s much more than what they require

Honestly Purdue is so easy to get into…you don’t even have to try

My son was accepted into Computer Science. They have a great program!

@Ryud16 as far a i have heard, Purdue is easy to get into BUT it’s not as easy to get out with a degree. Its Engineering Programs are tough and competitive. Probably this is the reason why purdue is un top10 in engineering even though it’s easy to get into.

@Ryanite Yeah i know…did you already accept the offer? I am still waiting for my other applications.

@Ryud16 I have also applied to georgia tech and university of Minnesota. I will wait for them both since purdue is very costly for international students. Georgia tech is also the same cost wise but it is worth investing on. University of minnesota is because it’s not costly for me. I am waiting for their decisions. Till 9th Jan

Apple to engineering or vet or med and you would understand. Don’t be such a prick.

Apply to engineering or vet or med and you would understand. Don’t be such a prick, you don’t know everyones situation.

Congrats to everyone!
Am I considered an early applicant if SAT scores reach after November 1st but the application reaches before the deadline?

Applied in the wee hours of Nov 1. Anyone know when I can expect a decision? Early Dec? Mid Dec? Late Dec?

@ShipAlreadySank I just applied too! But they do rolling now so it doesn’t matter, you’ll probably find out within 3 weeks!

@mayermav That almost sounds too good to be true, but I’m super excited. The website claims about 12 weeks from submission to notification. I’m just wondering if the influx of applications trying to meet the Nov 1 deadline would result in a longer wait time.
Which major/college you applying to? I’m applying for engineering. :slight_smile:

Hey guys, so I’m the biggest idiot in the world, but I thought Purdue was in the central time zone and sent my app 14 minutes late. Do you guys know if Purdue is one the colleges that accept applications from you applicant’s time zone and not just their own? I couldn’t find any info about it online.

[Yeah I deserve it. The part that sucks the most is that I finished the app last night, I just didn’t know you could send it without having to pay at that exact moment. Still my fault for sending it this late though :/]

I’m sure you will be fine @Zeppelin7

Current Purdue freshman here. As long as you applied during EA (which is to say, you had a complete application on file by Nov. 1), you’ll be automatically considered for merit scholarships. There is NOT a separate application. Last year, Purdue announced the Trustees scholarships around Christmas. Presidential scholarships were announced in mid February last year.