Unpaid internships

<p>This^^. aeromom, I think any internship - volunteer opportunity - etc not approved officially by the school will not appear on your son’s transcript. You have to work with the school in order to make that happen.</p>

<p>When we have for credit interns, we have school contracts, paperwork and surveys we fill out regularly. They are typically from the Department Chair or part of a formal internship program at the school. That’s who I would have your son check with. I have 8 interns from 8 different colleges right now, so I can’t imagine your school wouldn’t have something similar. Good luck!</p>

<p>The school’s transcript only lists your classes, grades, credits, GPA, major, minor, and Dean’s List status. It doesn’t list ECs, clubs, PBK, or other stuff. </p>

<p>I’d be surprised if many schools list the extra stuff, unless school credit hours are awarded.</p>

<p>It looks like the business school will give credit for paid internships too. You have to apply prior to th internship starting. I could not find anything for CS though.</p>

<p>My daughter had an unpaid internship last year with a US Congressman. Evidently he was paying interns a stipend until last year. :frowning: She could have received credit through the UA Washington Experience, but she didn’t need the credit, and we didn’t want to pay oos tuition for it. Since she was interning for KY and on the list of Alabama students, she was able to attend events for both states. The highlight was having dinner with Senators Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul at the Ky Society Henry Clay dinner.
This summer she is interning with Sen. McConnell, he offers a small stipend to cover living expenses. I would hardly call it paid, but it helps. Again no credit, just a great opportunity. Two other sorority sisters are also interning with Senators. One is with Sen. Shelby I think. It’s shaping up to be a great summer!</p>

<p>Congratulations on the internship aeromom. That Is fantastic news</p>