Unsuccessful move in on Sunday

<p>My D tried to move into ridgecrest south yesterday. She is a leader for the new 1818 orientation program that starts today. When she arrived at the dorm (after driving 10 hours),no one knew where her keys were. 30 minutes later, someone found them and then my hubby and D proceeded to her room only to find a guy living there. He was told he could check out late from whatever summer program he was in. The place was filthy. She put her belongings into her room, locked the door and spent last night and tonight with a friend. I was less than pleased when I heard about this :(</p>

<p>That sounds like a major FAIL!! Hope she returns to a much better situation.</p>

<p>Ah, regular summer II kids were told they had to stay until Aug 6th to move into their Fall dorm assignment. They were housed at Ridgecrest for regular Summer II. </p>

<p>I wondered how that was going to work as I know RA’s had to be in their dorm assignments this weekend.</p>

<p>Nova…did you contact Bama Housing today? I wouldn’t have been nice…that’s for sure!</p>

<p>There is someone assigned over each residence hall. That person should make sure that these thing do NOT happen!</p>

<p>A similar thing happened when my older son moved into his grad school apt (at another univ). There was another student there (from summer) who had also been told that he could stay longer.</p>