Unusual Application Situation

<p>Hey, I was hoping someone could shed some light on what I should expect with hoping to go to one of the UCs.</p>

<p>I’ll be turning 21 this month but left William&Mary after 1 semester after high school, failing pretty much every class (only passing grades were Ds or Pass/Fail and wouldn’t likely transfer over).</p>

<p>I graduated from a very well known high school in 2006 with a 3.2 unweighted, 3.6 weighted GPA with my junior and senior year grades being indicative of my future poor performance in college. I passed 2 AP Exams for credit, was a 4-year varsity athlete, have worked as a published sportswriter for a major newspaper, am fluent in 3 languages, and started my own consulting business making me financially independent.</p>

<p>Maybe not the best resume, but I did score a 1530 (800V/730M) as well.</p>

<p>My question is, if after attending a semester (or two) at SBCC, what are my chances of being accepted at UCSB? What about all the other UCs?</p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>Jon</p>

<p>Jon, i think you need to stay at the CC until you have enough units to transfer, and then they will only look at your performance at the cc. So, stay where you are, and work hard. Talk to a counselor there for more info.</p>