UO vs USD vs USF vs Willamette vs Fordham for International Studies/Anthropology/Geography

More evidence that this is all completely new to us: I completely forgot that several of these schools count her AP test scores as credit. After reading a few school websites until I was going cross-eyed, it looks like she’s got over a full year’s worth of core/language and elective credits at Oregon and over 1.5 years of core/language and electives covered at San Francisco. I haven’t looked at the other schools yet. She would not be able to do the honors program at either school to count many of the credits, but it gives her options, assuming the website info is accurate. Just putting it out there for anyone who happens to read the thread and is a newbie to all of this like me.

Edited to add: I forgot that Whitman gave her an incredibly generous scholarship as well, leaving us with an OOP of $21K. She has recently put it back into the running as a contender. It was the only school that offered need-based money, probably because they use the CSS and our circumstances are not explainable on the FAFSA. Just more info for the other inexperienced middle-classers out there. :blush:

2 Likes

Whitman for 21K would be an incredible opportunity.

6 Likes

Check out http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/class-of-2023-national-merit-discussion

@PresCarsonTulsa is the University of Tulsa President and can provide any information that you need

1 Like

Whitman seems compelling at this point. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.