UoA-specific computer recommendation?

<p>I know there is even a sub-forum on College Confidential related to computer recommendations, but I am wondering specifically about the computer environment at University of Arizona.</p>

<p>Another school we visited, for instance, flat out told me that they overwhelmingly deal with Macs, and that kids who have PCs are at a bit of a disadvantage when it’s time to get on-campus service, look for parts/accessories, that kind of thing. I’m sure that other campuses are heavily PC oriented instead.</p>

<p>So since I personally did not get to visit UA recently, I am wondering what your (or your student’s) experience has been with computing on the UoA campus, and if you have any strong advice regarding computer recommendations.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance for any input you can give me!</p>

<p>When I visited they told us it didn't matter which one we got. When I visited a class I saw three kids with PC laptops. I bought a HP dv5t for college. Get whatever laptop you want or can afford. I know some people who wont have a laptop at all in college. However, most kids will have them.</p>

<p>I think that is more of a mac campus. The computer scholarships that they hand out are macs, not pcs.</p>

<p>Thanks, guys! Any other input or opinions?</p>

<p>The campus itself is completely wireless. Plus all dorms come with internet access. It doesn't matter which operating system you're familiar with, and for those who don't have a computer, the Library has TONS of computers for use (both Mac and PC). The employees are equipped with PCs, so the increase use of MACs on campus is really a result from personal preference.</p>

<p>Technology FAQ:</p>

<p>Should I buy a Mac or a PC?
It is your choice whether to buy a Mac or a PC. Students going into any multimedia major would probably benefit from a Mac, whereas business students might choose a PC. However, if you are a Mac user and you are going into business, you can still buy a Mac (Intel) and run Windows virtually using Parallels or Boot Camp software.</p>

<p>Every program I've had to use up to this point seems to be available on both Mac and PC. Now that you can run two OS's on Mac, you should be able to access everything. The only trouble I've ever had was some courses (Engr 102, for instance) were based around the programs on PCs, so despite having a Mac, I had to learn the basics on PC for the test. However, that was minimal trouble, in my opinion, so going back to what I said, it shouldn't really make a difference either way.</p>