UPDATE: Freshman Admission Decision Letters anticipated to begin mailing next week..

<p>Wisconsin</a> Blogs - Office of Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison</p>

<p>"Steven, we anticipate the first letters will be mailed out next week. It could be as early as this Friday, but until we get the go-ahead from the administration to make decisions, we’re holding our horses.
Posted by: Jenny
November 1, 2010"</p>

<p>Haha I realllly hope they get started soon, I would love to know if I got in or not!</p>

<p>Dang! I’m so jealous, still no word on transfer applications being reviewed, I may just have to wait until January…bleh</p>

<p>Does anyone else still have “we are reviewing your file to make sure we have all the required material” as opposed to the status that states that the file is currently being reviewed by an admissions officer? My daughter’s status has not changed since submission, and it shows that everything was received 9/25. I’m obsessively checking to see if her status has finally changed, hoping that she’ll be in the first “wave” released next week, but if the status hasn’t yet changed, i’m giving up hope of “early”/next week notification…i hope they don’t think SHE is obsessive and crazed just because they see so many “clicks” on her UW account…just wondering what everyone else has experienced in regard to status updates</p>

<p>spitfire45: My daughter’s status hasn’t changed either. It says everything was received as of September 9th. The blog says that as long as everything–application, fee, transcripts and ACT scores–are postmarked by November 1, that you’re in the early decision group. So I think we’re ok.</p>

<p>thanks wiscmom…feels better to hear this from someone else…at least your child is in state, we’re trying for one of those few out of state spots…i’ll keep my fingers crossed that we both hear soon and don’t have to wait until 1/15</p>

<p>Same here, nothing has changed (‘we are reviewing your file to make sure we have all required material’) and shows everything was received on September 2nd.</p>

<p>From the Freshmen Admissions Blog:</p>

<p>Question
For those of us who can’t resist obsessively checking application status several times a day, is there only one update period per day (such as midnight)?
Posted by: Recent Applicant
November 3, 2010</p>

<p>Answer:
Messages to the self-service website are only updated once daily, I believe around 2am CDT.
Posted by: Jenny
November 3, 2010</p>

<p>What day do you guys think I would get my admission letter by?
I applied and submitted everything on 10/29</p>

<p>Also is it only mail notification or also online/email?</p>

<p>post #8: lol</p>

<p>The admissions blog says to expect 7-8 weeks turnaround time. However, you applied with thousands of students within the last few days before the cutoff of the first notification period, so I wouldn’t expect an answer before January 20th or so.</p>

<p>It will come in the mail, but you will see the admissions decision online a few days before the letter. </p>

<p>You should receive an email shortly (if you haven’t already) telling you to activate your NetID so that you can log in to my.wisc.edu to view the status of your application.</p>

<p>If you received a confirmation email with your Campus ID, you can use this link to activate your NetID:</p>

<p><a href=“https://www.mynetid.wisc.edu/activate[/url]”>https://www.mynetid.wisc.edu/activate&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>spitfire45: My D is also out of state and we too have been checking EVERY day. Her status says the same as yours and Madison85. My D applied very very early in Sept. Hope she will find out in the first wave, like next week!</p>

<p>@Madison:
Yeah, I have already received the email. I hope I receive an admission decision very quickly cause I applied to Michigan Early Action and their date is ~Dec 23rd, but many students receive a decision much earlier. Illinois is Dec 15 and so is my Northwestern University Early Decision.</p>

<p>I don’t know why Wisconsin has it so late compared to other Early actions…it actually hurts my chances going there since i would choose michigan/illinois first</p>

<p>My D’s status just changed this evening to “Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. Check back here for updates on your application status.” Guess it is moving along in the process as the message a few hours ago was “We have received your application and…”</p>