Update from admissions

<p>hate to be the bearer of bad news,
"My application is complete but no admission decision has been made. Why?
Because of the volume of applications we receive and the time it takes to process and thoroughly evaluate each one, during periods of peak application activity (October - February), the Purdue Admissions Committee may require 12-14 weeks to make a decision after an application and all required material are received. Our our earlier estimate of 8-10 weeks was overly optimistic and we regret the delay."
[url=<a href="http://purdueuniversity.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/purdueuniversity.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=465#1%5DAnswer%5B/url"&gt;http://purdueuniversity.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/purdueuniversity.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=465#1]Answer[/url&lt;/a&gt;]&lt;/p>

<p>It seems like they're giving people different information. Earlier this week, i talked to an admissions counselor and he said that they were working on applications from Nov. 10.</p>

<p>i dunno... all of my stuff was in/processed by the 17th and im in committee decision.</p>

<p>Really!? All my stuff was in/processed on the 15th of November and I am STILL "Complete and ready for review."</p>

<p>I would trust ME because I was there speaking to the 2nd man in charge.
D and S still unchanged from when I saw Mr. Ripke.</p>

<p>I guess they're working on the 17th because i was just accepted today and i had everything in by the 17th.</p>

<p>They must be going out of order then. I had all my stuff in on the 15th and I didn't get an acceptance or a rejection yet.</p>

<p>Yep, I'm still complete ready for review and had my stuff in nov 10</p>

<p>I got in the week before this last one. I had in all my stuff early. I was the first accepted in my senior class and we had a lot of seniors applying for engineering. I also didn't have grades as good as theirs. But I did a summer program there.</p>

<p>We are still waiting and we applied on Nov. 10, 2008</p>

<p>I just got an email from Purdue. They talked about the application process, and nothing new. They just said to hold on and wait.</p>

<p>All my things were in on dic. 28, when do you think I will hear? I’m worried because they haven’t even call me for the telephone interview!! I applied for developmental psychology in cdfs</p>

<p>@bonilla: probably not for awhile. (the email said 13-14 weeks) from what Ive heard they are working on Nov 14ish.
and are you sure about a telephone interview? i dont remember seeing it on the admissions website.</p>

<p>I never had to do an interview of any sorts...</p>

<p>AHHHH. I JUST GOT IN MY 1st CHOICE!</p>

<p>'grats.</p>

<p>im still in committee review... :/
its making me nervous, why have i been in review for so long?</p>

<p>mine was in committee review for just over 4 weeks...</p>

<p>mine is still complete ready to review...</p>

<p>crap...
"Denied Program/Offer Other WL" [ Applicant denied to program of study requested, but offered other program of study if space is available at the time the applicant contacts Admissions to discuss options]</p>

<p>I went ahead and sent the admissions an email about my options. Not sure why i was denied though... my stats look ok (at least i thought so)
sat 1270/1600 1820/2400
sat II
Math 1: 720
Math 2: 740
ACT: M-33, R-30, W-24, S-26
gpa is 5.58, ranked 26% and a brilliant essay...
<em>sigh</em> purdue was my first choice...</p>

<p>wow...purdue is really stepping it up these days...i wonder what their acceptance rate is if people like aurash are getting rejected....maybe i would've been rejected 6 years ago lol</p>