Updates, pls chance me and tell me if these will affect my chances

Continuing the discussion from Chances on me getting into GLADCHEMMS, SSAT Tips:

UPDATE: PLS HELP

so i did not get an interview at: Milton, Concord and Andover which is pretty sad but I will send a video to them…
I also decided to apply to Berkshire as well

I think my best essays were submitted to : Deerfield, Groton, Hotchkiss and Berkshire
but there are things that are worrying me

Deerfield: I might not be able to give them the current grades on time which means I would be considered a late applicant, will that lower my chances?

Groton and Exeter: I did super well on their interviews plus I like my essays as well, but I will be taking ISEE soon and I might not get a really good grade, if my result is 7 would that affect my chances? IDK how much they care about standardized test scores, but its required for both of these schools

Berkshire: I messed up in the interview, they asked me a question about integrity and I couldn’t come up with anything so I just talked about something most people would lie about…" grades" and I told them in primary school (elementary) students used to cheat, and I cheated once but learnt that I couldn’t really learn if I did that… sooo-------- that’s bad

Milton: I missed the interview- I had connection problems but I couldn’t contact the school and the interviewer left so-

Concord: the essays were not really ok, I’m planning on re-submitting it through gmail

ALSO ABOUT CURRENT GRADES: my school cant submit the scores to any of the schools on time so- some said it was ok but Andover and Deerfield said no, will that affect the chances

Also if anyone have information on the 2022 applicants or any previous admission process of how AOs process applicants pls link them down
THANKS!!!

Somebody showed me a post of the admissions process at Andover, which I thought was interesting: Admission Process in Philips Andover

There is a reason why we call the M10 freakout a “freakout!” It’s hard not to freakout and obsess over stuff we can no longer change. I know it’s hard, but I would let all that go, if you can. If you don’t get in, I really doubt it will be because of one “not-great” answer in an interview. Or because you had connectivity issues for an interview (I’m assuming you followed up, etc…so it wasn’t considered a ghosting.).

Grades not being ready yet – I can confirm that my daughter (and many others!) had that same issue and her grades got submitted in February, and she got into both Deerfield and Andover. So I don’t think it’s an issue if your grades haven’t closed yet and arrive in a couple of weeks from now. (If your grades are delayed for some other reason, or they are delayed for another month or two, then of course, that is a different story.)

You have a lot of great things to offer a school.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again to remind you: if you don’t have options on M10, it’s not because you aren’t awesome. Your list is very rejective-heavy, so many great kids would find themselves empty-handed with that school list come M10. :slight_smile:

3 Likes