UPenn Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Try to do something which takes your mind off the waiting. My D finished her last final this morning and is watching movies with her siblings. Note, the admissions decision is not a reflection of your worth.

I enjoyed the Wharton MBA program immensely when I attended in the late 1990s (when admission became difficult), and whole-heartedly recommend it despite today’s $113K/yr cost of attendance. I was the same person before I attended Penn. But with the no GPA, no rank, and non-traditional grades at the time, the MBA program was more relaxed than the Wharton undergrad program, from which 5% - 10% ulimately attended the Wharton MBA program back then. Although I was the only student from my college in my MBA graduating class, I attended a 20 ACT university in the 1980s whose admission standards have increased dramatically since then.

As I mentioned in my post from a few days ago, my oldest felt her Stanford undergrad rejection was the best thing to happen to her. Although she attended our 4th best state school (full scholarship), she’ll attend med school after 4 yrs of college. She made friends while interviewing with others now admitted to her top 25 med school next fall. One of whom is a Penn grad who took 2 gap years. Many at her state school were weeded out long ago so the pre-med thing is tough everywhere. I’ve talked to students from schools such as Columbia and Yale who said to stay away, but it works out well for others.

So, again, from the level of analytics I’ve seen via this blog, you’ll all eventually get to your goal with or without Penn. (Although I’m hoping everyone here will attend)

My best of good luck to all, and please stay relaxed until 7pm ET.

3 Likes

In case you’re wondering after my 20 ACT comment, my stats were above the mean for the program at the time, as was my work experience, leadership, etc.

guyss has penn released the stats for this year’s ed or will they do this after the results are out?

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

FA information comes out after the acceptance letter but before the enrollment deposit deadline.

1 Like

Just want to wish everyone here good luck!

1 Like

5 min yall

2 Likes

4 min now

Take a deep breath. Everything will be okay. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

im literally already a freshman at penn why am i getting nervous reading this thread

7 Likes

Hahahaha

Good like you guys! Life is an odd path. You’ll all do REALLY well regardless of what one institution decides.

1 Like

*luck

rejected (thought it was a deferral…)

congrats to all that got in!!!

congrats to those that got deferred too!!!

same deferred

Accepted, no scholarship

1 Like

deferred

rejected

lol

lol same