UPenn Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

You can always transfer. My son (freshman at state school), is in an even position as a transfer applicant than he was as a high school senior. Fifteen years ago, I knew a non-minority guy who attended 5 colleges I never heard of in Texas (including a community college). Yes he attended 5 different colleges. He went on to secure an MBA from Harvard.

Does anyone know when the deferral letter is due? Like the deadline?

By deferral letter you mean LOCI? If so by jan 31.

1 Like

I don’t think ppl realize how incredibly competitive M&T admissions is. They take a TINY number each year, so being a top candidate is taken to an entirely new level here.

2 Likes

when are RD decisions expected by? Does Penn release decisions in waves?

They are not released in waves. They will be released on Ivy Day, scheduled for 3/31

1 Like

Unacceptable, should have gotten in

Last last year’s national average for GPA for high school seniors was 3.52. My neighbor is an admissions counselor at a top 15 liberal arts college that happens to be in the Northeast. The average accepted student got 1 B on 1 test, once in 4 years. It’s possible. Grade inflation or brilliance?

Both

Yes, I think only 50 or 60 each year.

Why? At the risk of digressing from the purpose of the thread, what do we know about what was in the student’s application beyond “in range” test scores and legacy connection? And what do we know about Penn’s priorities for rounding out the class?

3 Likes

We will never know the answer to any of these excellent questions

2 Likes

For those of you guys who were admitted and had applied for financial aid - when did your documents change from “Submitted” with a green check to reviewed and/or satisfied?