UPenn Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Did anyone’s financial aid portal change today?

Took a gap year for internships + travel. Was waitlisted RD at Wharton last year. Applying again ED this year

Penn usually releases ED admission stats on the same day that decisions are released (and also RD admission stats on the same day that THOSE decisions are released).

Will be interesting to see if the new dean of admissions is as transparent as Eric Furda was.

2 Likes

That’s what mine says as well

Nope. Not on mine. Same status except for Parent 1 W2 2020 to the current date. Did you see any change on your end?

my w2 forms turned to received, ready for review but I don’t think this means anything cause I turned them in late and penn is using a new portal which is causing so much unnecessary frenzy

Every year students at many colleges go through this same frenzy…making assumptions at what means accepted and what doesn’t.

You will learn when decisions are out. Last year so many at so many top schools thought they outsmarted the system in advance only to be rejected.
Take a deep breath. The answers will be out soon enough.

2 Likes

Hi. I saw a post on reddit stating that there MAY be a correlation between the time when you received the email notification that decisions will be released December 16th. The person seemed to think that those who received that email at 7:04-7:07 v. those who received the email about decisions being released later like 7:15-7:20 were likely in the rejection pool. Has anyone heard of this? I think it sounds ridiculous.

At this point anything is possible.

i recieved mine at 1:02 pm eastern time

4 Likes

It depends on how many people got emails at 7:04-7:07 and 7:15-7:20. If around 90% got emails later and 10% got them earlier it may be sign. What time did you get your emails at?

what time did you get yours at? also where was the reddit thread on this

1 Like

i think it’s ridiculous

1 Like

Received at 1:03 (EST)

well congratulations to us, i think that means we got in!!

Send the reddit post here. Also has anyone tried loging in through the penn code website
https://pennkeyrequest.apps.upenn.edu/pennKeyRequest/jsp/fast.do

1 Like

Ha! No. Reddit post said earlier ones were in the rejection pool. :frowning: Looking for thread and will post

LOL i doubt any of this is true!

I think we just have to wait and see.

As promised here’s the post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/flk9qn/upenn_email/

can’t figure out how to verify if there was any correlation or not.