UPitt Class of 2028 Thread

Time to start tracking rolling admissions. Please post acceptances with stats.

2 Likes

I posted this already on the other 2028 thread. Sorry for the repeat-

D checked the portal tonight and the acceptance letter was in the document center and buttons were there!

Applied 8/2
Email that everything was finalized/portal access on 8/4
Email reminding her to log into the portal the next week
No email, but acceptance letter in the portal 8/24 (dated 8/24)

Stats:
In state
4.2 w, 3.9 uw
31 ACT
Applied through Pitt app and uploaded essay and Resume
Visited multiple times
Dietrich School

Hopefully, we’ll see lots of acceptances rolling in here soon. Best of luck to everyone! H2P!!

3 Likes

Congratuations. Where is the other thread? I don’t see it?

2 Likes

S24 application status just changed to application complete. There is an accept/decline button that he is too scared to click, but no email and no update in the document center.

Applied 8/3 (Using Pitt App)
OOS
Applied to SCI,
test optional
UW GPA 3.92
Submitted essay and resume.
There are 2 threads going, so I will post in the other thread too.

2 Likes

DS24 submitted on Aug 21st via Common App but just recently completed SRAR on Aug 26th. His Pitt application is showing pending currently. He has activated his Pitt account, but we are having hard time to navigate. Should he just login from MyPitt or there is other link for applicants? He first signed in from Student center and later was unable to find the login screen so he got in from MyPitt. However, screen is completely different, so he is kind of confused.

2 Likes

S24

Applied 8/10 on Common App
GPA 4.0UW/4.56W
SAT 1520
Engineering
In state
6 APs through junior year

1 Like

Same for my daughter as of today. Does that mean the student was accepted?

1 Like

Same for my daughter as of today there is an accept and decline button. Does that mean the student was accepted? No document center or email notification of acceptance.

2 Likes

Yes. Congratulations!

She will get the letter in the document center in a few days. It’s the long weekend, so letter might not show up till Tuesday.

1 Like

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Please see the other thread for more discussion than this one:

1 Like

Hi,
Curious, by resume do you mean the list of activities? When my son filled it, he only saw inline essay and activity list. He assumed that the activity. list is common App style and only listed those in 150 characters in a simple document.

Just got my accept/decline buttons yesterday! Just waiting for the official email and document.

2 Likes

I see a few of you referring to a document center in the admissions portal. My son and I don’t see it for him, but his application is marked pending. Does it appear after they review his application or am I missing something? Thanks. (PS this is round 2 for me, older child applied in 2018 so I am trying to get back into senior/application/college search mode)!

Nevermind , found it. Good luck to all!

2 Likes

Yesterday, I got the email telling me to check the document center.

I got two new things:
Acceptance letter (YAY, but not surprised seeing the buttons to accept or decline days earlier)
Guaranteed admission into the Engineering Accelerated Graduate program (Huge surprise! No idea that you could get that through your application)

1 Like

Daughter submitted app yesterday for Poli sci. Realistically when do you think she will hear back? I know nursing is super competitive, but not sure about liberal arts. She’s hoping to enter the SRAR in the portal in next day or so and everything else seems to be complete. Just curious as to typical timelines. Thanks!

Congratulations!

My daughter is very interested in the GAP Engineering program. May I ask when did you submit the application and your stats?

Thanks!

Are the admission results of the people who chose computer science as a major out yet?