Uploading Transcript

I currently have a paper copy of my transcript (with all the classes through junior year, class rank, etc. etc.). I also have a scanner at home.

I currently don’t have access to AIS yet (b/c I only submitted yesterday). Can I upload my physical transcript, or does my school have to send it? I read on a FAQ that you can upload it but I am not totally sure.

They will want an official copy sent directly from your high school. Most likely your counselor will have you fill out a request for and be prepared to pay around $5 for each transcript sent

@RMNiMiTz The one at end of Sr year has to be sent by your school. The one for your application can be uploaded via AIS. Save the scan as a pdf, jpeg, TIFF, BMP. No more than 2MB.

“Once you have submitted the Texas Common Application Form, within 5-10 working days, you will receive an email from the Admissions Office with the assigned University Identification Number (UIN). In this email will be instructions on setting up your NetID, accessing your Applicant Information System (AIS) and managing your recommendations”.

Edit to add: There will be tabs on your AIS that are pretty easy to follow.

@Flo123

But isn’t uploading also an option (the transcript I have is also an official one from the school).

@Thelma2

hm…I thought ApplyTexas only took 3-4 days? That kinda sucks :frowning:

@RMNiMiTz yes you can upload your copy of the transcript yourself, my student did that and was already accepted. The one submitted from the school directly is required if/after admission.

What I wrote in " " was copied from an A&M website page. That’s their official language but yes, most have gotten their UIN in just a few days.

@Thelma2

But when I googled it, it was for graduate, not undergrad (not sure if that makes a difference).

My daughter’s transcript just got uploaded by her school and status at a&m now says received. Her school does not rank past top 10% so a&m has to do their majic and figure it out. Any one have any idea how long that process takes?

@Tuppence22

I heard class rank (if not listed), is taken from SAT percentile (although this is just what I heard).

After you submit everything, it should be around 2 weeks.

This is from the Admissions Officer that posts on TexAgs.

“For a student that comes from a non-ranking high school, we use their GPA in relation to their school’s grading scale to assign a quartile ranking. Other than that, GPA is not even considered in our process”.

@ccsouth

Do you know how long it takes to process after it’s been received?

My daughter’s was uploaded Monday. By Wednesday she was ranked (top quarter) and transcript now has check mark and status says review. Think she is actually accepted as has SAT score needed & now ranking and 6 tabs in Howdy. But still can’t sign up for housing.

For my S class 2020, their was an issue with the transcript we mailed, so a new one had to be uploaded (academic admit). He applied around Oct 12. Problem discovered around 15th/16th. New transcript uploaded the 22nd and admissions decision was on AIS Nov. 6. 12 business days. Some may go faster.

@Tuppence22 Congrats!! You won’t be able to sign up for housing until your D’s AIS status changes to accepted. From what I’ve seen here on CC, it shouldn’t be too long for her status to change. Congrats to your D!! :D/ <:-P

Status updated this morning to accepted. Housing done so we are in line. Going to sleep well tonight! Thanks for the information everyone has provided.

@Tuppence22 Whoop!!

@Tuppence22

How do you see your assigned rank? I uploading my transcript and now it has a green check (but there is nothing telling me what rank).

I am top quarter (I just want to make sure TAMU got the rank right).

Our school only ranks top 10% so we may be a little different. My daughter’s school actually sent transcript and a school profile so a&m could do ranking. After transcript received it went to a green check. A couple days later there was a new line item under documents required for admission. “Class Rank”

My son uploaded his transcript on Oct 5 and shows recieved but still hasnt been processed? Does anyone know how long it takes? The deadline for early decision is approching and i dont him to miss his chance

My D’s school submitted her transcript and profile on Friday through AIS and it was accepted (green check mark) the same day. I just looked, and it now shows class rank as “1st Quarter”, even though she is top 5%. I have no idea what her HS includes in the school profile, but it must not be very detailed. The rest of her application stands on its own, so I’m not that worried about it.

Edit:: from an earlier post in this thread, TAMU only does quartile ranking, using the school profile as a guide. So my D’s ranking is correct.