UPMC Summer Academy 2018

i’m so nervous for results lol

Hey y’all! I applied to this program as well, and I think the results will be coming out soon! Last year they came out on March 31st. I got rejected last year lol, so I was pretty discouraged. However, I applied again this year, and I AM SO ANXIOUS. I applied to CB and CEBIG. My essays were so-so and my ECs are not that special. I’m am out of state, and Alabama to be specific @dsfjlciodsfljk!

@ritikulous last year did they say results would be given in april? and I’m super anxious too lol

I think so. But this year’s application deadline is the same as last year’s, so I would assume that results come out at around the same time this year.

@hs2med

Has anyone gotten a notification from UPMC yet? Also, do you know how late into April they send out the notifications @ritikulous? omg I’m so nervous!! Good luck to everyone

I have not gotten a notification, but last year they were sent out on March 31st. Not sure what the case may be this year, but I hope it’s soon because I’m so ANXIOUS!! @Holamiamigo

has anyone emailed the program to see when results come out?

I got an email today asking for an interview.

@japadorean Woah! That’s awesome. Do you live around UPMC?

wow congrats! would you mind sharing if ur email for the interview from a specific PI or for a specific site or was it just from mr. livshitz generally?

Congratulations @japadorean ! Also, I saw an update on facebook that said that the decisions will be sent out later this week!

@dsfjlciodsfljk No, I’m actually from Maryland. I’ll be staying in the dorms if I get in.

@hs2med The interview is for the Tumor Immunology site, but the email also mentioned that the selection process varies from site to site.

@japadorean thanks! i applied to women’s cancer so fingers crossed they didn’t send out interviews too lol, good luck with yours!

Hey y’all! Just got accepted to CEBIG!!

Congrats @ritikulous! I got waitlisted, but I’m kinda glad that i still have a chance to get a spot! Did anyone else get their decision email?

Does anyone know how likely it is to get a spot if you’ve been waitlisted?

Haha thanks! I do not know the likelihood because I never knew they had a waitlist.

@ritikulous Congratulations!

@japadorean I hope the interview went well, I was in TI last year, and it was a great experience!

@Holamiamigo I am not too sure about this to be honest. But best of luck!

@hs2med @dsfjlciodsfljk While stats and a scientific background are important, what’s biggest is that you show your passion for science, genuine curiousity to learn, and hit home the why factor of “why UPCI” with correlation to this.

I got accepted again this year, hopefully I’ll see some of you there! By the way, I will point out that after you get accepted, if you really want to change sites, you are allowed to ask to do so.

i got in to WCRC!!! is anyone else going to that site as well? also congrats to @ritikulous and @Gestaltzerfall !!!