Upperclassmen Living

<p>My friend is transferring in and they are only giving her Mahoney/Pearson and Eaton for housing options. Which of those is the best?</p>

<p>S was in Mahoney…not too bad. Don’t know too much about Eaton</p>

<p>Mahoney or Pearson is near the dining hall and (slightly) nearer to the rest of campus. It’s not a big deal… the Mahoney dining hall is a 5 minute walk from Eaton, and the classrooms are just a minute or two farther. I’ve never actually been in Eaton… but Mahoney is definitely nice. If you’re in Eaton, you might have a better view (of the lake) if you get lucky… or you might not. Eaton also has a nice outdoor patio area, and is right next to the school of Architecture, and is nearer to the Wellness Center than Mahoney… though if you’re going to the Wellness Center, then you’re probably not too concerned.</p>

<p>Overall, I’d probably go with Mahoney/Pearson because they seem to have a much better sense of community. I know the Residence Coordinator in Eaton, and he says that most of the residents don’t really interact because they already have lots of friends. I think there are more transfer students in Mahoney/Pearson, and there are Living and Learning Communities over there, so it makes interaction alot easier.</p>