UPS & FedEx Notifications

Anyone else actively tracking the packages that have been sent to see where they are? My daughter’s is currently on a layover in Germany. :grin:

1 Like

St Andrew’s (DE) is packing boxes on Instagram

4 Likes

3lbs is actally pretty big package. May not be all those things, but it could be enough for a waterbottle and some paperwork for sure…

A rejection letter probably wouldn’t have a “label” either -they will mail merge and put a stamp on it, I’d think. No tracking number.

one can never be 100% of course!

6 Likes

Wait how do u sign up for usps as int? Mine says I’m not eligible for informed delivery…

2 Likes

Anyone know what service Choate uses?

3 Likes

tomorrow :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Still no notifications over here. Anyone hear anything about Taft Canterbury gunn hotchkiss Berkshire?

1 Like

No notifications for me. I’m watching for Taft Hotchkiss and several others :broken_heart:

2 Likes

It is so not fun. I feel like I’m on a vigil.

3 Likes

USPS informed still down!! This is going to probably impact lots of school delivery notifications.

2 Likes

It’s going to feel like a long day ….

2 Likes

I am so glad I had no idea about these package notifications last year. Complete newbie. Knew nothing. Sure, it was agonizing getting to 3/10, but there was no expectation that we would know any sooner than that.

I found this site one year ago tomorrow after receiving 47 wait list decisions (that’s an approximate number, my memory is hazy).

All of which is to say: sometimes ignorance is bliss.

2 Likes

47???!

1 Like

We’re new to this site too and new to the independent schools and I didn’t know they are sending packages until I found one on my porch from the day school here but still we have refrained ourselves from the mail service notifications. My daughter wants to know everything tomorrow.

1 Like

Sorry - poor attempt at humor. No, it was not 47. But these schools do make significant use of their waitlists. Look at the 2022 decision charts. For the schools that received the most applications, ~50% of people here who filled out that survey were waitlisted. Way more waitlists than acceptances or rejections, and in several cases there were more waitlists than acceptances and rejections combined. Again, coming into this, I was a newbie and had no idea that schools used the waitlist that way. Learned a lot here!

5 Likes

Informed Delivery on USPS tells me that I have a package on its way but it’s from some package processing company (Auctane Endicia?), and the “packages” tab on their website is still broken. Somehow, this is more nerve-wracking than if there were no packages en route! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Same. But for us it’s something from Kent WA so unrelated.

If the tracking number has spaces, re-enter it manually.

Many schools use shipping services so the school’s names aren’t on it. But some of these don’t even show up. Some schools send the acceptance and then the swag, some just send the swag later. Don’t read too much into not seeing anything or seeing something coming from an area near a school. Because one notification I received last year was near a school our child applied to. It was something for work—our child was waitlisted at that school. :woozy_face:

1 Like

anyone got package notifications from gunn or taft? at this point im thinking they dont send out packages.

2 Likes

Nothing for either. Same with Berkshire and hotchkiss and Canterbury