UPS & FedEx Notifications

There was actually a picture of the box and its contents in her folder and it said that if she decides to attend, it will all be waiting for her when she arrives (water bottle, Pura Vida bracelet, socks, etc).

4 Likes

waitlisted at Deerfield, Accepted at Taft. A win is a Win

12 Likes

For those of you reading this for next year, DS was accepted to the 2 schools to which he applied, but we received a package notification from only one of them despite setting up alerts with various name permutations and combinations for both delivery companies. Based on this thread, some people received notifications from both schools. The advice of many on this board that a lack notifications means little was 100% correct in our case.

11 Likes

Thank you for posting this!! We only got one of 2 package notifications and the other two acceptances were via a portal!

We are day students (2 siblings, applying for 9th and 10th( who applied to 7 schools (4 local BS’s); 5 acceptances, 2 WLs and ZERO notifications. Not one and we were signed up for USPS and Fed Ex for a few years before this (under everyone’s names). We were on vacation and before 3/9-10 assumed the worst. Don’t read into notifications at all. A neighbor told me we have 4 packages at home right now she just grabbed.

We got 3 acceptances, 2 packages, 1 notification. So not every school sends something and for those that do, you don’t always get a notification!

2 Likes

Another FedEx package arrived today (no notice prior) from Millbrook. As a reminder, we are overseas, so this one took an extra few days to arrive after March 10, but they did send it internationally in case any other international students in the future are keeping track.

3 Likes

Just for future readers. We received some notices from the varying postals we registered with and some we did not, yet the packages still came (nice surprises). I found it to be a good distraction game. And the disappointment of not getting a package softened the blow of M10. I guess it depends on your temperament. I have trouble waiting for surprises, but love when I am surprised. Knowing some , yet being surprised by poor technology. Was sort of a win win for me.

6 Likes