UR Class of 2026 Admissions - Results only

This thread is for the high school class of 2022 to discuss their Richmond admissions decisions.

Share:

Date Applied:
Early/Regular:

Desired Major/School:

GPA:
SAT/ACT:
APs/Honors:
Extras/Hooks:
State residency:

Date Notified:
Decision:

Any merit aid:
Any need aid:

3 Likes

1510 SAT 4.0 UW Instate

Deferred EA

Joke of a school (not actually im just salty lol)

My son deferred. 35 ACT, 4.5 weighted GPA at top public school in MD, two varsity sports, decent extracurriculars. Per Naviance should have been no question admission. Don’t get it.

Son deferred 4.1 W GPA and 35 ACT

could be a bit of yield protection going on. some of the small to mid size private schools defer quite a bit of high stats applicants for better optics of their admission stats

2 Likes

Accepted with presidential scholarship
3.74 ugpa
4.22wgpa

Deferred from EA, GPA 3.4 UW and 4.3 W, all honors through HS, amazing recommendations and personal statement was really good, I went test optional, part of a couple extracurriculars but im a big part of them.

accepted to university of richmond and i was selected as a presidential scholar!!

3.81 uw/4.8 w, top 10% - submitted act (had a 31), did not submit ap scores. i had nice involvement (co-editor of school paper with publications in local and state newspaper, debater all four years, founded model un, led community service project, did research that was published). the major i put on my application was global studies!

when i attended access richmond (the richmond’s fly-in program for urms), they gave my cohort an idea of the kind of person that gets the presidential scholar/richmond scholar award. the person who spoke to us was the dean/assistant dean of admissions (his name was gil), and he said that the scholars usually have strong extracurricular activities with leadership, and they usually do something outstanding. he gave us examples of the “something outstanding,” like published research, author of a book or many books, leads a big community service project, etc.

5 Likes

Son was deferred. We are OOS, did not submit test scores, varsity sport, 3.89. Senior grades, 4.0, plays music in hs, did not ask for aid.

I just counted up the responses so far and I’m seeing 7 accepted and 9 deferred (including one I am showing below.) But no denials so far. Was anyone denied? Or are they just deferring everyone?

To best share info, let’s use what is posted at the top of this thread. (This one is for someone I’m helping)

Date Applied: October
Early/Regular: Early

Desired Major/School: Business

GPA: low 90s unweighted, 100+ weighted
SAT/ACT: not submitted
APs/Honors: all honors and lots of dual enrollment (HS doesn’t really focus on AP)
Extras/Hooks: athlete with leadership (but not in college), family responsibilities, job, from small town area with low college attendance
State residency: upstate NY

Date Notified: 1/21/22
Decision: Deferred

Any merit aid: n/a
Any need aid: n/a

Gpa 4.2 ( IB school all her classes are IBs)
Live in nyc
No scores
Varsity soccer 5 years captain all star
Varsity bb
Varsity softball
Student athlete of the year
Japanese club
Senior committee
Club soccer for 9 years ( won national title in 2021)
Works as a ski instructor Mt snow for children
Ski race team 5 years
Working at Berkshire academy for girls soccer this summer
She got deferred from her ED Boston College
So this was a good one to get the entrance too !

Date Applied:10/28/21
Early/Regular: Early Action

Desired Major/School: Chemistry/A&S

GPA:3.97 UW/4.67 W
SAT/ACT:35
APs/Honors:14 honors (highest offered); accelerated in mathematics and Spanish

Extras/Hooks; teen leader at a non-profit for needy children one summer; worked on a diversity, equity and inclusion program for a world-class museum as a fellow another summer; involved in rare disease research led by an ivy institution summer after junior year and ongoing; Robotics captain, Mock trial captain, Model UN, FOCUS (Christian fellowship group at school); sports are fencing (non-ranked) and Ultimate (not a varsity team at his school); started a teen group at our church during Covid

State residency:PA

Date Notified: January 21, 2022
Decision: Accepted

Any merit aid: no
Any need aid:did not apply

Son was accepted! He’s thrilled. Stats:
3.9 GPA, 34 ACT. 11 APs. Computer Science dept award for his class two years in a row. No class rank as his school doesn’t do that. Varsity Tennis, NHS. Various clubs. habitat for Humanity, college summer class, SPCA volunteer, tech summer internship.

1 Like

Deferred— honestly very surprised bc I never submitted my first quarter grades haha! Thought I would be rejected bc of that. 3.9 unweighted 4.25 weighted w/ lots of leadership. No scores submitted. UR is not one of my top choices so I’m pretty indifferent to it.

I was accepted with a 4.1 and 35. did you do an interview? i think my interest got me in. i sent emails and did an interview.

Date Applied: 10/26/21

Desired Major/School: Business

GPA: 98.2 W
SAT/ACT: 1520 (720 R 800 M)
APs/Honors: 11 APs, 6 honors
Extras/Hooks: NM commended scholar? Otherwise none
State residency: NY metro area

Decision: Accepted

Any merit aid: Presidential Scholarship
Any need aid: didn’t apply

Date Applied: 11/1

Desired Major/School: Journalism/School of Arts & Sciences

GPA: 3.8 UW, 4.17 W
SAT/ACT: 1390, submitted
APs/Honors: 1 AP, no honors, accelerated classes whenever possible
Extras/Hooks: None
State residency: NH

Date Notified: 1/21

Any merit aid: N/A
Any need aid: N/A

Date Applied: 10/26/21
Type: early action

Desired school/major: Economics

GPA 3.461 UW, 4.28 W
SAT/ACT: did not submit

APs/ Honors: all honors throughout high school, (5 classes a year, one of them was 2 hours so it counted for 2)

Extras/Hooks: Mentor for incoming students all 4 years, Lead Mentor junior and senior year, Camp counselor twice, School News-team Leader, Heart4others for junior and senior year, student life team throughout high school, School advisory leader, helped with younger kids in grades 2-5 during sophomore year, tutored for French and Spanish, track and field during freshman year, was part of a business summer program at ASU, and built my own small invitation business.

State Residency: Arizona

Daughter accepted EA. Letter said 14,000 applicants (but that might have included EDs as well). No merit $ unfortunately.

4.8W/3.8 UW GPA, 4 APs
1500 SAT 760V/740M submitted
Lots of leadership
Well written, thoughtful essays
Excellent letters of recommendation
German TA, tutor, and mentor, awards won in German
Acapella, chorus, track, digital art
NHS and German NHS
Public 1500 student high school in Boston burbs

Son Business/CS
GPA 3.83/4.5
SAT 1520, ACT 34, ACTSS 35