Urgent help needed: alternate majors, undeclared majors

<p>This is for my D. There are only two days left for the UC application deadline. </p>

<p>She is applying for UC - University of California (most campuses except for the low 2-3 ones) and looking for a biz major. Her academic records are not very competitive. </p>

<p>(1) Most UC campuses allows you to choose first choice of major and an alternate major. If she choose undeclared major for the first choice, will this increase her chance to be admitted?</p>

<p>(2) If she declares a biz major (a competitive major) for the first choice of major, and then puts undeclared major for the alternate major? Will this option be better than the (1) option above? </p>

<p>(3) I heard that if your first choice of major (a competitive one like biz) is denied during the review, the chance of your second choice (alternate major) for consideration is very low. even if your overall performance is better than applicants who puts “undeclared major” for their FIRST choice of major, is that true?</p>

<p>(4) Once you submit the online application form, does UC allow you to change the first choice of major and the alternate major?</p>

<p>I don't think most of the UC campuses have business as an undergraduate major.</p>

<p>I should said she is applying to biz & economics major (yes, only a few campuses have real biz majors).</p>