Urgent: Need Advice for Berkeley Admission Dilemma - Dream School Hangs in the Balance

I’m currently preparing to transfer as a CC student, and I recently got an opportunity to be admitted to UC Berkeley for Chemistry, which is my dream school. However, there’s a big issue with the admission process. In order to be admitted, I need to complete a Physics course in summer school as a condition. I applied for the Physics course at my current CC’s summer school, but the problem is that the registration started last week, and now I’m fifth on the waitlist. This means I might not be able to take the class at all.
I reached out to the professor and the dean of the Physics course, explaining my situation, but they couldn’t help. Berkeley has a form for students who can’t fulfill the admission condition, where they can explain their circumstances. I contacted Berkeley admissions to inquire about how they handle similar cases, but they simply instructed me to fill out the form.
Here are my questions:
1 What response can I expect from Berkeley when I submit the form explaining my situation and inability to meet the admission condition? If anyone has experienced a similar situation, I’d appreciate any advice.
2 If Berkeley doesn’t provide any alternative solutions, I’ll have to wait for five people to drop the Physics course I applied for. But relying on that chance is risky since I might not get the opportunity to enroll. I also got accepted into UCLA for Chemistry. If it seems unlikely that Berkeley will work out, should I submit the form explaining my situation for Berkeley’s admission condition? I read that applying to both schools simultaneously leads to loss of eligibility for both. The deadline for completing admission applications for all schools is June 1st.
I’ve put in a lot of effort to immigrate at a late age and get admitted to my dream school. If anyone understands this situation, please provide some advice. Thank you so much for your help.

Can you take physics at another CC? It took some work, but my daughter is taking calc 3 remotely at a CC an hour away (was actually surprised at how difficult it was to find a class considering how many CC we have here).

You already have a thread open

@Super_Moderators

I apologize if I misunderstood the way this website works. It’s my first time using it, and I thought I was in a separate discussion thread. I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable, and I sincerely apologize if I did.

I appreciate you sharing your experience and suggestion. I’ve been actively looking for physics classes at other community colleges, but it has been quite challenging to find a suitable option so far. It’s interesting to hear that your daughter was able to take a remote class at a community college despite the difficulties. I will persist in my efforts and continue exploring additional options, including checking out community colleges in nearby areas. Thank you for your input; it’s greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Closing for that reason. People can respond on their other thread