Urgent! Pre-requisite priority based on intended major? Please Help!

Hi!

I am currently applying to almost all the UCs and I am wondering if the intended major would affect the pre-requisite priority. Because I want to double major in both psychology and neurobiology, if I put psychology as my intended major, would it be very hard for me to get the pre-requisites for the neurobio?

Please help!

Thank you so much!

You would need to research every program/school to know for sure but it is unlikely to be a problem. Especially if you at least declare a minor right away.

Also, I wish to be a psychiatrist in the future, which is why I want to major in those two areas.since they seem most relevant. Do you have any recommendation as to which major I should choose?

Also, since I do have to finish pre-med requirement, how should I rank the UCSD colleges?

I have taken AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Psychology, AP Chinese, AP English Composition, AP US History and scored 5’s on all of them. This year I am taking AP Physics C (planning on taking both tests), AP Gov, AP Lit, AP Stats, AP Calc AB (taking the BC test). Though I am not sure which scores I would be getting, I hope I would at least score a 3 on all of them, which makes the credits transferable to UCSD. In this case, I can probably wave some of the courses that I dislike and are not part of my major. I am terrible at writing so Roosevelt and Revelle are not for me, though I think the GEf for Revelle is the most relevant to me… Would you please give me some recommendation?

Sorry, I am a high school student and UC does not let applicants declare minors at this point, I think. They only asks for intended major, which is why I am confused…

It sounds like you have reviewed the GEs for each college with respect to your situation. That is a the best approach, especially if you are considering a double major.

Thank you for your input!

Does anyone else know any information about this?