USC 2020-2021 Transfer Students STATS & DECISIONS ONLY

Accepted - Dornsife/Sociology

Decision Date & Time: Thursday May 21, 2020 5:26PM PST

Stats:

[ul]
[] College transferring from: Moorpark College
[
] Trojan Transfer Plan (TTP)/Legacy: Yes (Both)
[] Entering as: Sophomore
[
] GPA: 4.0
[] Units completed: 31
[
] Units in progress: 7
[] Pre-reqs completed: English completed | Math in progress
[
] GEs completed: 6/8 (Categories A, B, C, & F)
[/ul]**Subjective:/b

[ul]
[] ECs listed on app: None from college, all from high school (volunteering, art class, student council)
[
] Job/Work Experience: Family restaurant cashier
[] Essays (subject and responses): I wrote about a syndrome I was born with and how I overcome the obstacles that come with it (and why I want to go to usc lol)
[
] Letters of Recommendation: Submitted 1 from Sociology Prof
[/ul][ b]Other:**

[ul]
[li] Other schools applied to: Columbia University[/li]
[/ul]QUESTIONS:
1. Were you surprised by the results?
Absolutely!
2. What do you think was your biggest strength/what got you in?
Definitely my grades and the fact that I was TTP/Legacy
3. Did you have any help with the application?
No
4. Are you going to attend? Why or why not?
Yes!
5. Is USC your first choice?
Yup!
6. Did you submit/did the materials (transcripts, etc.) arrive on, before, or the deadline?
My high school sent the wrong transcript to USC and I didn’t find out until early April when they were reviewing applications. Other than that, everything was sent prior to the deadline.

Stats:

[ul]
[
[
[
[

[ul]
[] ECs listed on app: None from college, all from high school (volunteering, art class, student council)
[
[] Essays (subject and responses): I wrote about a syndrome I was born with and how I overcome the obstacles that come with it (and why I want to go to usc lol)
[

[ul]
[/ul][ b]QUESTIONS:**
Absolutely!
No
Yes!
Yup!
6. Did you submit/did the materials (transcripts, etc.) arrive on, before, or the deadline?
My high school sent the wrong transcript to USC and I didn’t find out until early April when they were reviewing applications. Other than that, everything was sent prior to the deadline.

Stats:

[ul]
[
[
[
[

[ul]
[
[

[ul]
Absolutely!
No
Yes!
Yup!

Amendment to this, I had the Math, English, and major requirements already completed.

Accepted - Dornsife/Health and Human Sciences (Pre-med emphasis)

Stats:

College transferring from: private 4-year university in CA (out of state applicant)
Trojan Transfer Plan (TTP)/Legacy: No
Entering as: Sophomore (No SGR)
GPA: 3.86
Units completed: 35
Units in progress: 17
Pre-reqs completed: math was completed and writing requirement was in progress
GEs completed: 4/8, 2-3 in progress

Subjective:

ECs listed on app: volunteer experiences, internship, clinical/health related ECs
Job/Work Experience: paid internship and retail job
Essays: Poured my heart into these lol
they were really honest, and I made sure to talk about my career goals, how my background that shaped me, and why I wanted to attend USC
Letters of Recommendation: ?? I emailed the professor to let me know when it was submitted, and he never did, so who knows if there even was one.
Other schools applied to: None!

QUESTIONS:

1. Were you surprised by the results?[
    Very! I dismissed the idea because I was sure I wasn’t going to get in. I applied in high school, and I was rejected. I was also surprised that I didn’t receive a spring grades request since my GPA wasn’t perfect, and I only had one semester of college grades.
  1. What do you think was your biggest strength/what got you in? I think it was the improvement I showed throughout high school into college. My first half of hs was average w/ 3.6-3.8, but I stepped it up a lot and ended with a cumulative 4.06. I continued that progress into college with 2 A-s. Extracurriculars and essays also really showed my passion for medicine.
  2. Did you have any help with the application? Nope!
  3. Are you going to attend? Why or why not? YES! Waiting on financial aid, but my EFC is pretty low, so I'm hopeful!
  4. Is USC your first choice? Dream school!
  5. Did you submit/did the materials (transcripts, etc.) arrive on, before, or the deadline? Submitted app day of, and I mailed my transcripts a month before the due date...they didn't update my portal until 3/20 when I emailed them about why my transcripts haven't arrived.

Accepted - CS/BA Viterbi

Decision Date & Time: 05/21/2020 6:26 PM EST

Stats:
College transferring from: UCSB
Trojan Transfer Plan (TTP)/Legacy: YES
Entering as: Sophomore
GPA: 3.93
Units completed: 72 quarter units
Units in progress: 17 quarter units
Pre-reqs completed: Yes
GEs completed: 5/8 I believe
Subjective: (OPTIONAL)
ECs listed on app:
College: How UCSB helped me realized I want better. Internship experiences
Job/Work Experience: N/A
Essays (subject and responses): nope
Letters of Recommendation: nope
Other:
Other schools applied to: USC
QUESTIONS:

Nope, but should have came earlier.
    GPA, essays, and TTP?
    No
    Absolutely!
    Yes
    Yes

Accepted - Annenberg/Journalism

Decision Date & Time:

Stats:
College transferring from: Saddleback Community College
Trojan Transfer Plan (TTP)/Legacy: No
Entering as: Junior
GPA: 3.5
Units completed: 58
Units in progress: 10
GEs completed: all
Job/Work Experience: Whole Foods
Essays (subject and responses): I thought my essays were pretty well written, I reviewed them over with my counselor like crazy. 9.5/10
Letters of Recommendation: 1 from my transfer counselor at my community college and 1 from my speech class professor.
Other schools applied to: CSUF, CSULB, UCLA, UCI, UCSD (all accepted)

1. Were you surprised by the results? YES!!! Although I made a huge bounce back in my GPA from my first few semesters in college, I was still pleasantly surprised! :)
  2. What do you think was your biggest strength/what got you in? I would definitely say my essays. I had a good amount of help on them from my transfer counselor, who actually attended both UCLA and USC, but she also made sure I had a lot of control on the substance of my essays. She put me to work! lol
  3. Did you have any help with the application? Yes, my amazing transfer counselor!
  4. Are you going to attend? Why or why not? YES! It is my dream school. I really want to become a sports journalist and would love to be in the LA area, and although UCLA is tempting, I believe USC will give me the best resources for my dream career.
  5. Is USC your first choice? YES! FIGHT ON!!!
  6. Did you submit/did the materials (transcripts, etc.) arrive on, before, or the deadline? A day before the Feb. 1st deadline.

Good luck to you all! :slight_smile:

[ color=green][ b]Accepted - Annenberg/COMMUNICATIONS[ /b][ /color]

[ color=blue][ b]Decision Date & Time: (May 21st 2020 5:26PM PST) [ /b][ /color]

[ b]Stats:[ /b]
[ list]
[ *] College transferring from: Los Angeles Community College
[ *] Trojan Transfer Plan (TTP)/Legacy: no
[ *] Entering as: Sophmore Spring Admit 2021
[ *] GPA: 3.75
[ *] Units completed: 16
[ *] Units in progress: 16
[ *] Pre-reqs completed: none for my major
[ *] GEs completed: 6/8
[ /list][ b]Subjective: /b
[ list]
[ *] ECs listed on app: I put one from high school which was starting my own musical theater club and putting on the first production my school had seen in 10 years. Then more recently I was part of a musical production in at my CC, went back to my old high school, and was the Musical Director for their fall production. I also have been a mentor for a non-profit for the past 4 years, coached teams for a Shakespeare competition, was the social media manager for my CCs theater production, volunteer monthly on Skid Row to throw birthday parties for families. I also a “Teen theatergoer” which is a student review program a local LA theater company has.
[ *] Job/Work Experience: Summer Camp Counselor and got promoted to Summer Camp Director. Internship at a theater company in LA,.
[ *] Essays (subject and responses): I wrote about how I thought I was a very cocky senior when I got rejected from USC a year ago and how the rejection also came in at the time I was suffering from the loss of a friend. Tied that in with how the rejection taught me I had the strength and 5 traits of a Trojan and how I’d like to strengthen these at USC. I also wrote about how I loved my community college but it didn’t offer what I wanted: a bachelors/masters program, lots of campus life and school spirit, etc.
[ *] Letters of Recommendation: My sociology prof and my boss from the camp I work at.
[ /list][ b]Other:[ /b] I represented the LA Mayor as a MAYA Young Ambassador on a trip to Australia. I’m a Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholar. I received an award for Match of the Year at the mentorship nonprofit I volunteer for.
[ list]
[ *] Other schools applied to: none

[ /list][ b]QUESTIONS:[ /b]
[ b]1. Were you surprised by the results?[ /b]
Yes and no. Something in my gut told me that this time my application was the one that would get me in. I was surprised that I did get in because as the wait grew longer I started to really doubt myself.
[ b]2. What do you think was your biggest strength/what got you in?[ /b]
Aside from the commitment I showed throughout my ECs and good grades, I think being able to be very specific in why USC was the match for me really sealed the deal. I listed exactly what I wanted to do there: clubs, double minors, wanting to be a tour guide and RA, etc. I also showed that I was able to take a rejection senior year and use it to “Fight On” and reapply.

[ b]3. Did you have any help with the application?[ /b] No

[ b]4. Are you going to attend? Why or why not?[ /b] Yes

[ b]5. Is USC your first choice?[ /b] Yes

[ b]6. Did you submit/did the materials (transcripts, etc.) arrive on, before, or the deadline?[ /b] My HS transcripts had a delay so they arrived two weeks later but other than that everything was on time.

Accepted - Annenberg School of Communications and Journalism (Accepted Fall 2020 for Communications: First choice major)

Decision Date & Time: (Thursday, May 21st 2020 at 5:11 via portal. No email notification.)

Stats:
College transferring from: California Community College
Trojan Transfer Plan (TTP)/Legacy: No TTP
GPA: 3.83
Units completed: 60
Units in progress: 3
Pre-reqs completed: Completed all pre recs for USC
GE’s completed: Completed all

ECs listed on the app: Communications Committee Member for a local climate change organization, dog walker, two internships completed in correlation to my desired major, server at a restaurant
Job/Work Experience: Server at a restaurant
Essays (subject and responses): Essays were very strong in my opinion. I spent a lot of time perfecting them and getting second opinions
Letters of Recommendation: I got a letter of rec from one of my political science teachers. I chose him to write my letter of rec because he knew me well and my work ethic as a student.

Other:

Other schools applied to: UCD (accepted), UCLA (rejected), UCSB (Accepted), UCSD (accepted), Sac State (accepted), SJSU (accepted).

QUESTIONS:
Were you surprised by the results?
Yes and no. I made sure I completed all of the general education requirements for USC while maintaining a good GPA. I was surprised cause I know how competitive the communications program is!

What do you think was your biggest strength/what got you in?
I think my biggest strength was showing resilience and persistence. I applied before and got rejected, and made a point of that in one of the essays. I worked a lot on them, which I think made me a strong applicant.

Did you have any help with the application?
No

Are you going to attend? Why or why not?
YES!! IT IS MY DREAM SCHOOL. Waiting on my financial aid, but I’m assuming it is going to be pretty good.

Is USC your first choice?

USC has always been my first choice.

Did you submit/did the materials (transcripts, etc.) arrive on, before, or the deadline?

Yes, I submitted my application a few days before the deadline.

**Accepted - Viterbi/ Computer Science **

Decision Date & Time: Thursday, May 21 at 5pm PST

Stats:

[ul]
[] College transferring from: CCC
[
] Trojan Transfer Plan (TTP)/Legacy: No
[] Entering as: Junior
[
[] Units completed: 46
[
] Units in progress: 14
[] Pre-reqs completed: Finished the English requirement, this semester I’ll complete all the math pre-reqs for computer science. ( All Calc. and Linear Algebra)
[
] GEs completed: Finished all the GEs
[/ul]Subjective:

[ul]
[] ECs listed on app: MESA
[
] Job/Work Experience: Domino’s Pizza
[] Essays (subject and responses): They were decent, not the best. Did work in them for quite some time though, started them in Nov/Dec. I talked about why I belonged at USC and the things that I will accomplish there. Also included how I have became a better student from being at a community college.
[
] Letters of Recommendation: No
[/ul]Other:

[ul]
[li] Other schools applied to: Cal Poly Pomona (accepted), Cal State Long Beach (accepted), Cal State LA (rejected) [/li]
[/ul]QUESTIONS:
Somewhat, even I had a 4.0 I thought there would be better applicants with stronger ECs and better essays, since CS is very competitive.
Tbh, prob because I am Hispanic, have a 4.0, and am low-income. Don’t feel that my app was astounding. I was just very honest about myself and who I am.
No, I didn’t really know who would be willing to review my essays. Only one of my really good friends who knows me good proofread it and gave me some suggestions to improve my essays. Other than that I did all of the research to create a strong application myself.
Definitely, this is my dream school. I didn’t attend UCI during my freshman year and risked going to cc in hopes of attending USC one day. Yea, I know, very risky move but it worked out!
Yes.
I think I did it before.

**Accepted - Viterbi Mechanical Engineering B.S. **

Decision Date & Time: 5/21/20 5:15 P.M. PST

Stats:

[ul]
[] College transferring from: UCI
[
[
] GPA: 3.86
[] Units completed: 85 Quarter Units
[
] Units in progress: 16 Quarter Units
[] Pre-reqs completed: Not sure, but finished Calc series, Classical Physics series, Currently taking Writing
[
] GEs completed: 4/8? Not sure but I took one GE per quarter in addition to my major classes.
[] ECs listed on app: Some college clubs and high school activities and clubs and accolades (Dean’s Honor List, AP National Scholar, PSAT)
[
] Job/Work Experience: Summer camp counselor between my junior and senior year of high school
[] Essays (subject and responses): 8/10? I tend to judge myself pretty harshly but these essays were the most polished ones I have written. Talked about how USC had so many more opportunities, the social aspect and athletic focus of USC vs. my current school, alumni network. Also wrote about some entrepreneurship experience when I was in 8th grade in another essay.
[
] Letters of Recommendation: None
[li] Other schools applied to: Just USC[/li]
[/ul]QUESTIONS:
Yes, extremely surprised! I thought that as a current freshman without TTP, my chances of getting into Viterbi were nil. I was also never asked for spring grades and I am currently taking the writing pre-requisite. Since they never asked, I assumed they had already made up their mind (a no).
I was hoping my high school work would help since I am a freshman. So perhaps my high school and college grades along with my essays? In high school I had a 4.35 weighted GPA, 35 ACT, and 800 Math II and 790 Physics SAT Subject tests.
A CC English professor proofread my essays for grammatical errors and I had a friend give me peer feedback.
Yes, as long as financial aid is reasonable.
Yes!
Everything on the deadline. Submitted winter grades day of request (4/15)

[color=green]** Accepted - Dornsife/ Cognitive Science ** /color]

[color=blue][ b]Decision Date & Time: (FILL IN THE BLANK)**[ /color]

Stats:

• [] College transferring from: Arizona State University
    [
    [
    ] Undergraduate GPA: 3.89 (4.31/4.0 first semester, 3.78 second semester (B+ in a foreign language))
    [] Units completed: 49 (31 transferrable, 18 IB)
    [
    ] Units in progress: 0
    [] Pre-reqs completed: No pre-reqs, but Stats and Intro to Psych were completed
    [
    ] GEs completed: b,c,d,e,f (5/8); h

**Subjective:/b

• [] ECs listed on app: Community Manager for Riot Games’ employees’ social media (!),
    [
    ] Job/Work Experience: Internship at tech start-up based out of Seattle
    [] Essays (subject and responses): (Prompt 1) global and international engagement, (Prompt 2) ethnic identity, colourism, culture and the grander place of it within the world stage, (Prompt 3) Generic, yet highly specific response concerning the academic reasons I wanted to go to USC.
    [
    ] Letters of Recommendation: 2. 1 from a professional connection (who lectures at USC), another from an English professor

Other:

[ul]
[] Other schools applied to: University of Michigan (rejected), Carnegie Mellon (withdrew), University of Washington (pending)
[
] High School GPA: 2.8 UW (um, ow?)
[li] SAT Score: 1480/1600 (800M/680ERW)[/li][/ul]

QUESTIONS:
100%. After UMich rejected me, I felt that there was no hope and I would probably go to CC to attempt to apply again.
I poured my heart and soul into my essays for the greater part of 4 months. Polishing every week, highlighting my experiences and my desires.
I had a ton of people read over my application.
I am definitely attending. The bulk of the professional network that I’ve built is now based in LA at this point as well, so why not?
Definitely, I’m a big city lover, I love the promise of USC, and I’m so excited to land in LA in August.

I submitted all my documents 3.5 weeks before it was due. Spring Grades (unofficial) were submitted immediately after grades were posted.

Good luck to all applicants!

Accepted - Price - Real Estate Development Major (NO SGR) Fall 2020

Decision Date & Time: 05/21/2020 5:15 PM

Stats:
College transferring from: Santa Monica College (SMC)
Trojan Transfer Plan (TTP)/Legacy: No, to both.
GPA: 4.0
Units Completed: 62 semester units
Units in Progress: 20 semester units
Pre-reqs completed: All (Accounting, Econ, Stats, Calc, Writing, etc.)
GEs completed: 8/8
Subjective
ECs Listed on App:
Community service worked with Operation Gratitude, helped tutor children at an Academic Achievement Center, did clerical and administrative work for one of the top plastic surgeons in Beverly Hills. Dean’s honor list every semester.
Job/Work Experience:
Director of Operations and Accounting Manager for a content distribution/media and large-construction company for the past 3 years (full-time). Additionally, I am an associate trainer for NBA and college basketball athletes.
Essays (subject and responses):
9.5/10. I really conveyed why I was a good fit for USC based on my academic history, my interests, and my continued interest in pursuing an education. I graduated high school a year early with a 4.4 and went on to complete almost 3 years’ worth of units at SMC within a year despite working two full-time jobs since I was 15. I showed that although I am only 18, I have been able to succeed in my professional experiences, as supported by my LOR. Furthermore, I made it clear how I intend to utilize USC’s resources to further my academic and professional careers. All around, I believe my essays were super critical in my acceptance despite my getting good grades and checking all of their boxes. And honestly, I had a great time answering them and made sure that I was truthful. I thought that if I was not going to get accepted for displaying who I was, then another university would.

Letter of Recommendation:
From my understanding my LORs were incredible. I had the Head of my High School write a letter of recommendation which was supposedly phenomenal and then I got another LOR from my CEO which stated how I impacted the development of their construction business.
Other schools applied to:
Accepted to all the schools I applied to — UCLA, UC Berkeley, Pepperdine (Full-scholarship), LMU (full-scholarship), UCSD, UCSB, CSUN, SDSU, Cal Poly SLO (Received merit scholarships or regents from all schools).

QUESTIONS:

Honestly I would have to say no. If you asked me a year ago I would say yes, but based on my grades and accumulated work experience I believed and visualized that I already got in months ago (which I probably drove my family crazy about how much I talked about USC). Although I thought I would get in, I didn’t know whether to put Marshall or Real Estate Development as my first choice because I loved both majors. God-willing I got in, and I am thrilled.
    I think my biggest strengths were my GPA, my LORs, and my work experience. I will have completed over 80+ units from SMC within less about a year, so I should really be sophomore heading into next year. In addition, to taking the absolute maximum amount of units at SMC, I worked two full-time jobs which were pretty crazy, but they were great experiences.
    No I wrote them all myself, and I just shared it with my college counselor. No omissions or editing.
    Although I have not received my financial aid package, I am almost 100% sure that I will be attending USC.
    USC has always been my dream school since 9th grade in HS. My parents never graduated High School and they always encouraged me to pursue higher education despite their relative successes in their careers. It’s all because of their encouragement that I am where I am today.
    I submitted my application on New Years Day, and subsequently attached and sent multiple copies of my transcripts well in advance. Whenever a grade was updated I would either send in official transcripts or screenshots to the portal.

Congrats to everyone who got it and wishing everyone the best of luck if they are awaiting their decision!

Fight On!

Accepted - Viterbi/Computer Science

Decision Date & Time: Thursday May 21st, 2020 5:30PM PST

Stats:

[ul]
[] College transferring from: Rochester Institute of Technology
[
] Trojan Transfer Plan (TTP)/Legacy: Legacy
[
] GPA: 3.96
[] Units completed: 23
[
] Units in progress: 17
[] Pre-reqs completed: Math/Writing Reqs
[
] GEs completed: 5/8
[/ul]Subjective: (OPTIONAL)

[ul]
[] ECs listed on app: Theater, model United Nations, founder/president of a book club, study abroad programs in Spain and Thailand, some other stuff
[
] Job/Work Experience: Creating content for my YouTube channel, working as a teacher’s aide for a head-start preschool.
[] Essays (subject and responses): I spent an insane amount of time on my essays. Talked mainly about how RIT didn’t challenge me in the right ways and how I wanted a more well-rounded college experience. Worked on them for nearly 3 months 9/10.
[
] Letters of Recommendation: Submitted 2 letters. One from my calculus professor and another from my high-school college counselor. I has a very strong relationship with both.
[/ul]Other:

[ul]
[li] Other schools applied to: None - USC or bust![/li]
Yes! I was a nervous wreck thinking I was going to be denied. When I found out, I was in shock all day (and still am tbh).
I had very strong grades and I like to think that I am generally a well-rounded person. I really am passionate about so many fields, and I think USC really saw that in my essays and ECs. I am also an LGBTQ in a STEM field but I doubt that had any significant impact.
None.
Absolutely! USC has always been my dream school :slight_smile:
Yes.
Completed and submitted a few weeks before the deadline.

Accepted - DORNSIFE/COGNITIVE SCIENCE

Decision Date & Time: (22 May 2020, 17:22)

Stats:

• [] College transferring from: Arizona State University
    [
    [
    ] GPA: 3.89 (4.31/4.0 first semester, 3.78 second semester (1 B+ in foreign language)
    [] Units completed: 49 (31 transferrable, 18 IB)
    [
    ] Units in progress: 0
    [] Pre-reqs completed: none listed, but 2 core classes
    [
    ] GEs completed: - b,c,d,e,f, (5/8) h

Subjective:

• [] ECs listed on app: Volunteer Community Manager for Riot Games’ employees’ social media accounts.
    [
    ] Job/Work Experience: Intern at tech start-up based in Seattle
    [] Essays (subject and responses):
  • Prompt 1:* Aspirations and hopes for attending USC, focusing especially on diversity initiatives, and globalisation.
  • Prompt 2:* Cultural hybridities, ethnic identity, and the role of a global citizen in thought.
  • Prompt 3:* Academic reasons to attend USC with specific reasoning and how it would best serve my future goals.
    [
    ] Letters of Recommendation: 2; 1 from an English professor, another from a professional connection who lectures at USC

Other:

• [] Other schools applied to: University of Michigan (rejected), Carnegie Mellon University (withdrew), University of Washington (awaiting, will withdraw)
    [
    ] High School GPA: 2.8/4.0 UW(um, ow?)
  • SAT Score: 1480/1600 (800M/680ERW)

QUESTIONS:
100%. I was surprised 3000. After getting rejected from UMich, I felt that my chances were extremely low for getting into USC and was considering enrolling at my local CC.
My passion for the school really was evident through my application. I made it quite clear that I would both matriculate, and that it was my top choice. I worked on the essays for nearly 30 editing hours over a period of 4 months.

In addition, the extreme turn around from high school to college (basically a hairpin turn) probably helped emphasise that I am better suited to learning in a collegiate environment.
Asked some people to read my essay. It’s not like I hired a team of coaches to analyse my writing, doesn’t really work that way.
I am 100% attending.
100%
I submitted everything 4 weeks before the deadline.

Accepted - Viterbi/Electrical Engineering

**Decision Date & Time: Around 5:10 pm on May 21, 2020 **

Stats:

[ul]
[] College transferring from: Mt. San Antonio College
[
[] Entering as: Junior Applicant
[
] GPA: 4.0 currently, might drop a bit after this semester
[] Units completed: 57.5 semester units
[
] Units in progress: 16 semester units
[] Pre-reqs completed: All except one physics class that is in progress
[
] GEs completed: Will complete all but 2 GEs by the end of summer

[ul]
[] ECs listed on app: Chem club, some volunteering at a science festival, church stuff
[
] Job/Work Experience: Yes
[] Essays (subject and responses): I wrote about that I plan to do at USC and what they have to offer that is really appealing. Also talked about something else completely unrelated to my major.
[
] Letters of Recommendation: One from my chemistry honors professor who is a USC alumnus
[/ul]Other:

[ul]
[li] Other schools applied to: UCLA, UCSD, UCI, CP SLO, UCSB, UCB, and some other cal states[/li]
[/ul]QUESTIONS:
Yes but also no? I was super nervous but my GPA and essays were strong so I felt like I had a really good chance.
GPA for sure
Nah
Yes if the financial aid package is nice and fat. If not, I’ll be attending UCSD.
Yes
Sent everything before the deadline. Resubmitted a transcript with updated winter grades as soon as they were out

Rejected - School of Cinematic Arts / Film Production

**Decision Date & Time: May 22 @ 5:30pm, withdraw app button disappeared at around 1pm **

Stats:

[list]
[] California Community College Transfer
[
[] Applied as: Junior
[
] GPA: 3.6
[] Units completed: 63, fully completed GE/pre reqs
[
] did not get interviewed

[] Accepted: CSUF, CPP, CSULA, UC Davis, UC Berkeley, UC Merced
[
] Pending: NYU Tisch
[*] Rejected: UCLA TFT

[ color=green][ b]Accepted - Dornsife/Political Science[ /b][ /color]

[ color=blue][ b]Decision Date & Time: May 22, 8 pm EST 5 pm PST[ /b][ /color]

[ b]Stats:[ /b]
[ list]
[ *] College transferring from: 4 year private university in Florida
[ *] Trojan Transfer Plan (TTP)/Legacy: Neither
[ *] Entering as: Sophomore
[ *] GPA: 3.889
[ *] Units completed: 39
[ *] Units in progress: 0
[ *] Pre-reqs completed:
[ *] GEs completed: 5/8 completed Writ130 equivalent spring semester

[ *] ECs listed on app: Freshman Leadership Academy, multiple committees of the NAACP, work study at a Law School (I’m pre-law), VP of NHS and the student body back in high school, some other stuff
[ *] Job/Work Experience: Work study at Law school
[ *] Essays (subject and responses): I was admitted as a freshman applicant out of high school, but I couldn’t attend because of how far I am and having a lot of family problems at the time, so I wrote about that and my interests in public service and music. Didn’t do a commonapp essay.

[ *] Letters of Recommendation: Didn’t submit any
[ /list][ b]Other:[ /b]
[ list]
[ *] Other schools applied to: FSU. Haven’t heard back yet.

[ /list][ b]QUESTIONS:[ /b]
[ b]1. Were you surprised by the results?[ /b]
Not at first because I had already been admitted from high school and my grades were on track in college, but I heard someone who got a presidential scholarship last year didn’t get in as a transfer so
maybe not a sure way. I didn’t get any merit scholarships last year.

[ b]2. What do you think was your biggest strength/what got you in?[ /b]
I’m honestly not sure. I think it might be because I had exact plans of what I am going to do when I get to USC like down to the classes I’d take and the extracurriculars and how I’d utilize the location.

[ b]3. Did you have any help with the application?[ /b]
No

[ b]4. Are you going to attend? Why or why not?[ /b]
As of now I hope I’ll be able to attend, but I haven’t gotten my financial aid letter yet so I can’t say for sure. Staying in state and at a public university would automatically be a full ride so I have to justify the added cost of tuition, housing, flights, etc.

[ b]5. Is USC your first choice?[ /b]
Yes

[ b]6. Did you submit/did the materials (transcripts, etc.) arrive on, before, or the deadline?[ /b]
I submitted my unofficial spring grades three days ago and my official grades were received today a couple of hours before my decision. They’re not in my portal, but my school transcript service has updated its status as being received.

**Accepted - Marshall School of Business, Business Admin. **

**Decision Date & Time: May 22nd @ 7 PM **

Stats:

[ul]
[] College transferring from: Illinois Community College
[
[] Entering as: Sophomore/Junior
[
] GPA: 3.79
[] Units completed: 55
[
] Units in progress: 12 during the spring semester
[] Pre-reqs completed: Managerial and Financial Acct, Macro and Micro Econ, Writing
[/ul]Subjective:

[ul]
[
] ECs listed on app: Job, Phi Theta Kappa
[] Job/Work Experience: Server
[
] Essays (subject and responses): Mediocre at best. Wrote about the high rankings of USC and how Marshall is also highly ranked and included a lot of stats about the school
[] Letters of Recommendation: 1 from Calc professor and 1 from a supervisor at work
[/ul]Other:

[ul]
[
] Other schools applied to: LMU, UW-Madison, Depaul, Loyola Chicago, North Central (Naperville, IL), and Illinois state. Accepted to all

[/ul]QUESTIONS:
YES. My essays weren’t the best and I did not have a lot of involvement in school
2. What do you think was your biggest strength/what got you in? Completing extra business courses and improving my GPA after the spring semester

3. Did you have any help with the application? No

4. Are you going to attend? Why or why not? Most likely. Waiting for aid package but USC is my dream school

5. Is USC your first choice? Yes!

6. Did you submit/did the materials (transcripts, etc.) arrive on, before, or the deadline? Sent everything a few days before Feb 1 but submitted the app on Feb 1 at like 11 PM

Accepted- Dornsife/Psychology

Decision Date & Time: Thursday May 21, 2020 5:28PM PST

Stats:

[ul][li]College transferring from: Pasadena City College[/li]
[li]Trojan Transfer Plan (TTP)/Legacy: No[/li]
[li]Entering as: Junior[/li]
[li]GPA: 3.71[/li]
[li]Units completed: 57[/li]
[li]Units in progress: 15[/li]
[li]Pre-reqs completed: English completed | Math completed[/li]
[li]GEs completed: 7/8 (Missing Category D)[/li][/ul]

Subjective: (OPTIONAL)

[ul][li]ECs listed on app: animal shelter volunteer, VP for associated students, honor’s program, honor’s club board member[/li]
[li]Job/Work Experience: Boba shop/bakery lead, music instructor[/li]
[li]Essays (subject and responses): [/li]1. Reasons and Objectives: Talked about family, and how the USC experience would help lead me to my future/ grad school while giving back to my family.

1. "Describe something outside of your intended academic focus about which you are interested in learning" Wrote about how I grew up playing instruments and drawing a lot, and how I can double major at USC.
  2. Academic interests: Basically said I was really curious and open to stuff and USC had amazing programs for every major I was interested in.

[li]Letters of Recommendation: Submitted 1 from the band director I worked under[/li][/ul]
Other:
Other schools applied to: UCLA, Berkeley, NYU, Boston U, UCSD, USCB, UC Davis, UCI (Accepted to all but the first 2)

QUESTIONS:
100% yes

Probably my EC/Work experience and my essay questions, but I don’t think they were that memorable tbh

No

Hopefully! Waiting to hear back from the Comm department for a school/major change

No, but it was in my top 3!

I applied a few hours before the deadline, but somehow they didn’t receive my hs transcript, and I had to submit my unofficial one on April 21st (really late).