USC Bovard Scholars

I was a Bovard Scholar and the program ended today. Your achievements sound great and you are on the path to do great things. If you are low income, I think you would be great for this program.

@MaybeHarvard2022 @Calculator1127 Thank you both so much!! I’m sure I can say the same about you both since you were accepted! Best of luck in the college/university game to come!

@onlyworthypotato Make sure that you focus on writing good essays. If you want me to review them, that’s fine. You could start writing them now since Bovard Scholars uses the Common App prompts. Don’t worry about SAT/ACT scores. Just focus on having a good essay, top marks on your recommendations, and you already have a strong activity list. AND being low income is important, like 96% of participants were low-income.

how low should family income be in order to qualify for this program?

@sumguy $80k or less. although im pretty sure there were like 2 people who were well over that when I participated this year. Good luck on your application and if you would like any help pm me!

Any students apply? The deadline is February 16th. Me as well as some of my friends have collectively gotten acceptances from Harvard, Stanford, UPenn, Columbia, Princeton, and Notre Dame.

I did! I really hope I get in… It seems like an awesome program.

If you don’t mind me asking, where did you get in?

I did

Good luck you guys, I went last year and I know they’re doing their best to make the program even better this year.

@MaybeHarvard2022 do you remeber when decisions came out last year?

@waves17 So far I’ve been accepted to Harvard and Rice.
@MangoLover11223 I believe around 3/20

@MaybeHarvard2022 Wow! That’s amazing! I’m sure you’ll have the time of your life:)

@waves17 thank you! Hope you get into Bovard, you won’t regret it!

@MaybeHarvard2022 thanks!

I also applied fingers crossed

2 more weeks! (Potentially…)

Good luck y’all. I definitely credit my coaches at Bovard with helping me get into Stanford. It will be ana amaing experience for yall. Last year, they had 50 people in the program, and I think that they are expanding to 100 this year.

Decisions might come out tomorrow!! I’m so excited… anyone else? Does anyone know around how many people usually apply? I know they only accept 50/ year

Does anyone remember around what time they sent out acceptances last year?