USC Bovard Scholars

Monday March 20th. I imagine that this year it will take longer because the program gained popularity and likely got more applicants. Good luck. Bovard was truly a life-changing experience for me.

The anticipation is real.

@univbound101 I think you’re right… just checked the website and it said finalists would be announced in April

Did anyone hear back yet? Ughhh fingers crossed!

Also @MaybeHarvard2022 @univbound101 THAT’S AMAZING! CONGRATULATIONS! I was just wondering as low-income students (like myself), what SAT/ACT/SAT Subject Test scores are considered good for top schools like Stanford and Harvard? And are AP test scores relevant to college admissions?

What did you get on your standardized testing if you don’t mind sharing? This has been stressing me out so much :confused:

@mango1212 if you want to be considered a highly competitive applicant even though coming from a low-income background, you should aim for a 32+ on the ACT or 1450+ on the SAT. Your Subject Test scores preferably should be 700+ but a little lower won’t hurt. AP scores should reflect that you had a good level of mastery on the subject so scores of 4 and 5 are optimal.

It’s finally April and decisions should be out very soon. The website says “early April”

@MaybeHarvard2022 just curious… when you applied to your colleges did you include being accepted into USC Bovard Scholars as an extracurricular activity or no? Also, was that the only thing you did that’s immer or did you also participate in other programs?

@MangoLover11223 i listed it as an achievement. No, I had done other programs that summer and some programs both summers before.

looks like some letters are out :slight_smile:

I GOT IN!!! I actually want to cry right now. I am so grateful of this opportunity

@mango1212 did you get an email or an actual letter?
@MaybeHarvard2022 Thanks!

@MangoLover11223 email!!

@mango1212 if you don’t mind me asking… which state do you live in? Also, love your usernames :))

Also @MaybeHarvard2022 @univbound101 do you guys remember if people who were accepted got their letters before people who were rejected?

might be kinda awks hoping in on this convo, but those who applied and got in, did u guys put ivy leagues or something for first choice colleges. I only got waitlisted. not sure if it is worth staying on waiting list.

I got waitlisted!

rejected :frowning:

i got in as well today :)) congratulations to everyone else who got accepted, and I’m proud at everyone for trying!! i can’t wait to meet everyone, and i hope we can all make a group chat or something!!

Congrats to those accepted! If you have any questions PM me

@MaybeHarvard2022 Hey I was wondering what it means to be conditionally amitted by the program? Is there a chance that I might not get in or is it just a way of saying I got into the program?