USC Bovard Scholars

Did your email say conditionally admitted?

Yeah. Then you submit additional financial aid info to confirm your financial situation.

@univbound101 will i get in for sure after i send that in?

Accepted! I realized I wasn’t getting any emails because I gave them another email To contact lolz

Hey everyone! I’ve just been reading through the discussion thread. I also got accepted to the USC Bovard Scholars program for summer of 2018! I am super excited. For those of you who have previously attended, can you let me know what to expect and how beneficial the program is? Did the program help you gain admissions into a top-University?—in other words, without the program, would you have applied to a top-tier college and believe that you had a chance?

I have the same question as @hopingforthebest
I was also accepted to Notre Dame Leadership Seminar and (potentially) taking free college credit course at Northwestern and UChicago. Which one would be more beneficial in terms of college admissions? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hey all, is there a groupme for this? Also for those that got in could you guys share your stats if you dont mind

Yes @heychrissy235.
For others, the program was very helpful, especially navigating the financial aid process and the essay writing process. The main benefit is getting a personal, professional coach who helps you make an admissions plan. The Bovard Class of 2017 got into schools not limited to USC, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Pomona, Claremont McKenna, Williams, Amherst, Princeton, Harvard, Stanford, UPenn, Duke, Brown, UChicago, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Yale, and Columbia. The program allows you to sharpen your application and maximize competetiveness.
Do USC Bovard Scholars… credit classes from over the summer wont transfer to top colleges, and Bovard truly was the perfect combination of academic and social programming. Bovard will allow you to enjoy your summer without compromising competetiveness.

@MaybeHarvard2022 Have you always wanted to apply to Harvard? Or the USC Bovard Scholars Program inspired you to?

@hoingforthebest yes i always wanted to.

Glad my alma mater features this program, but bummed to learn it only accepts about 10% of its applicants. Seems like anything related to a prestigious college is uber-competitive and selective these days…

@USCWolverine The program director actually talked about this. She says that USC plans to double the size of the program from 50 to 100 and continue to increase funding and size with more student success. The program will be expanding in the future-- still the acceptance rate will likely decrease as more amd more students apply because the program is so great.

How was your your experience with the program?

@hoingforthebest Im really curious… was your username a typo or Does it have a double meaning?

Hey! I also got accepted into the USC Bovard Scholars Program for Summer of 2018! I was looking up information about the program since it’s a bit new and I found this website. I’m glad to hear that some of you also got accepted! Hope to talk/see you all soon!

I have a question about the CSS PROFILE… on teh question about the program, it asks if you applied EA, ED, or RD. What did everyone put?

I believe I put Regular Decision (is that what you mean by RD?)

@VillaGrad19 yeah that’s what’s i meant. I don’t remember what i put but I hope it doesn’t matter… :((

@hmas671 did you get in? Your previous comment(s) kind of suggest you didn’t

I put regular decision